HybridZ

unibody question

Guest Stalker

hi

im workin on a 280Z and its in pretty bad condition, due to rust , this cars been sittin in my school for the last 10-12 years and was wondering the most effective way to re-enforce the unibody, the floor in the car was cut out due to rust, the unibody (engine area) is rusted and have no idea how to rebuild it properly

if anyone could help in what the actual body is suppose to look like or explain which parts of this body needs the most re-enforcing would be awesome, ill have pictures of the car soon

thnx a ton! anything in canada ontario tho :P

yea its funny, canadian teen found a sick car ...and i got made fun of .. until i took it out of the shop , blew the doors off of a honda civic and then found out the car was gana snap in half :)

but yea , also , is der anywhere where i can fibre glass panels, and front/bck lip, mine r ... basically onge ( few years back they chopped the car kinda up)

so yea :)

that is true but im in canada, and to ship a complete body over would cost di spoor highschool kid alot of dough, i would jus love to get this one back in 1 piece, under the car aint so bad, jus the fenders (from wat i heard of its history) were re- built and not sealed properly so yea

that car has been sittin in my school for the last 12 years . un-touched until now :)

any other suggestions ?

well ive been searchin in my area, cheapest unibody i can find it about 5500 bucks, and i dont have that type of money, the auto teacher at the school said he would help me with the metal work, buy the metal, buy parts and help rebuild it , making it a shop car, but then given it to me as a grad present, and the only major problems on this car is the engine bay, the rest is basic sheet metal , fast repairs, but i dunno where to find a new bumper and front lip :S

lol na man this car actually hasnt moved in over 12 years lol

i took deep looks 2day the unibody is in awesome condition jus panels need replacing, dats aobut it :S fired the motor 2 day without any problems :P

pretty good for a highschool car lol

Which is it?

thnx a ton! anything in canada ontario tho :P

yea its funny, canadian teen found a sick car ...and i got made fun of .. until i took it out of the shop , blew the doors off of a honda civic and then found out the car was gana snap in half :)

but yea , also , is der anywhere where i can fibre glass panels, and front/bck lip, mine r ... basically onge ( few years back they chopped the car kinda up)

so yea :)

lol na man this car actually hasnt moved in over 12 years lol

i took deep looks 2day the unibody is in awesome condition jus panels need replacing, dats aobut it :S fired the motor 2 day without any problems :P

pretty good for a highschool car lol

Please don't lie to us already...

Yes, it does look like it will beat a civic right before it snaps itself in two.

Lots of work, good experience along the way.

Good luck with the project, it's cool that you have a shop teacher that will help you out like that. Hopefully by the time it's done, it will look better, get more stares, and actually get out of it's own way... unlike a civic.

lol nana 350Z not the same car i was talkin about srry :S

we had a 240Z ... HAD lol

some kid really had his ways with it :(

and yea ive been watchin the mull's vids, and pics ,and have been learning alot from him :)

thnx alot man ::) and yea i dare to try , i built up a small team of people i can actually trust and hey if i can pull it off ,it'll be worth the sleepless nights, the missed classes ( dam french ) and the hours away from my girl friend

That project is going to cost you alot of money i see alot of rust... Im restoring my own 240z i don't even want to start adding up the receipts cause it going to be alot...an my car didn't have as much rust as yours...out off the top of my head i have spent around $4,000 dollars and im still doing body work....$900 71 240z and Media blast $1,380 Mig welder$500 and other cutting grinding tools.............paints,spray equipment.....If your goin to fix the car you have i would recomend that you media blast the shell since there is alot of rust you will be able to tell how really bad is shell

well the only reason i want to do t his Z is because, we have a in house sand blaster in the schools auto shop, we have ton of metal, have like 4 mig and Tig welders

cutting torches, and wat not

most of the rust on the car ive cleaned off, right now its a bare shell except the motor and trans is in