HybridZ

nSpark Q's

rztmartini

• Administrators

As Pete did, I just bolted on a piece of aluminum plate roughly shaped to fit the old Dizzy hole.

ALSO…. You will want to remove the quill shaft and cut off the top portion of the shaft, (at the magenta line in the picture below), so it doesn’t flop around in the front cover. The Distributor USED to locate the top end of the quill shaft, (again see inset in the picture below), so with the distributor now collecting dust in your used parts bin, the top portion of the quill shaft will wobble around and “could” prematurely wear out the area that located the quill shaft in the front cover. Also, being as there is no longer a distributor, there is no need to “clock” the quill shaft anymore as its only function is to drive the oil pump.

HTH…

Pearl2Medium.jpg

Quill1Medium.jpg

Paul,

I've been running my turbo car for around 5 years with the stock fuel pump shaft in there. I haven't had any noticable problems. I've got aroun 30K miles on it, and many track days. Should I be concerned?

• Administrators

Pete,

I apologize for that. I should’ve been more clear in what I wrote and should’ve said, “I would assume it could prematurely wear out the front cover” instead of saying “it could” wear out the front cover”. My claim was based purely on speculation; I have no hard data or experience to back it up. Your first hand experience does show that it shouldn’t be an issue to leave the quill shaft alone.

Based on that, I guess cutting the quill shaft is just one of those final touches that are optional.

Oh, and it is an oily mess to pull the oil pump with the engine in car…. YEUCK…..

I apologize if I mislead anyone.

Typo, yes, oil pump shaft.

I rev my turbo car to 6000RPM, and my track car to 7000RPM all the time, and so far no problems. It could be one of those problems just waiting to crop up. If I have a problem, it will probably happen in the track car first.

On another note, I have Megasquirt driving a shift light (set to 7000RPM), and kicking on water injection. I also added the tacho output circuit so now I have a tach. But really, who needs one with a shift light 8^). I'm using all of the spare connections in the DB37 connector now!

• 10 months later...

A question for you, I picked up a Dodge coil pack out of an

intrepid for my EDIS conversion and it has three wires coming out of pin three on the connector. One is black ( i'm assuming it is ground) one is green and the other is bare. Do you know what the last two are for? or is this a really dumb question?

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
A question for you, I picked up a Dodge coil pack out of an

intrepid for my EDIS conversion and it has three wires coming out of pin three on the connector. One is black ( i'm assuming it is ground) one is green and the other is bare. Do you know what the last two are for? or is this a really dumb question?

Were you able to find the answer to this question?

I’m not sure what wires you are referring to. You mentioned Pin 3 of some connector has these wires? If you already have your answer, I apologize for resurrecting an old thread.