HybridZ

Turbo envy....

BRAAP

Maybe a chevy 350 and do something like this

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114800

All I can think of after seeing that is FOD* waiting to happen.

May make a few people at the track wet themselves though...

*FOD - Forign Object Damage. I.E. any object sucked into a jet intake that completely trashes the engine. Just ask anyone in the airfore.

Spreadbury brought his VG30ET 510, (Casper, broke a half shaft shifting into second gear),, Ron Tyler brought his LT-1 V-8 Z and I brought my V-8 Z. Cary rode up with Mike as a spectator. All in all it was fun day. This was my first trip to the strip with my V-8 Z and we all felt my V-8 Z was maybe worth a mid to high 13 second time slip as it was SO docile and easy to drive, it couldn’t be too fast. First run down the strip was a 12.4 at just over 110, beast was 12.3 @ 113. None of us could believe it as the car was just so docile and easy to drive.

Now if you're gonna tell stories let's get them straight. I cam up to drive as Mike was using my R200 diff from my race car. It just so happens you can't share a car in Woodburn, or maybe any drag strip since that was the and only time I've ever been on a drag strip.

And Michael didn't break a halfshaft, he dropped my R200 onto the ground when the rear diff strap pulled apart. I remember everyone giving me crap the Michael broke my diff :-) Then we got to push the car out into the parking lot, remove the numbers, and call tripple A. Then the tow truck driver managed to ding the car up on the way home, and Michael was less than amused.

I think Paul's car was about the fastest car there other than a couple of real drag cars (supercharged rotary truck, something else, and a fool on a snowmobile). Yep, small world. There are also a number of stories related to the Medford track, Kelvin's garage, and a number of areas in between but those have been sworn to secrecy.

Cary

• Administrators
It just so happens you can't share a car in Woodburn, or maybe any drag strip since that was the and only time I've ever been on a drag strip.

Weird about the 'co-driver'... my wife drove my car that day. Must have slipped between the cracks.

And Michael didn't break a halfshaft, he dropped my R200 onto the ground when the rear diff strap pulled apart.

I had departed just before the 'disaster'. In Pauls defense, I heard it as a half-shaft failure as well. Maybe I got that from Paul or vice-versa?

I think Paul's car was about the fastest car there other than a couple of real drag cars (supercharged rotary truck, something else, and a fool on a snowmobile).

Funny... I remember the Fool :-) If I remember it correctly, he was running 10.5's?

Agreed, Paul had the fastest street-legal car there.

There are also a number of stories related to the Medford track, Kelvin's garage, and a number of areas in between but those have been sworn to secrecy.

:D