HybridZ

Dont ask me why

v80z

Well

New to me heads are on the way. Thanks to a generous offer by Needa406z.

World Product Sportsman 2s with 200cc runners. This oughta make a world of difference. While I got it down to the shortblock I will exactly mark TDC with the use of a dial indicator.

BTW

Has anyone every had any experience against a Dodge Neon SRT4?

Dont ask me why!!!!

These are 64 cc chambers which is what I have now with my stockers.

Dr. I am cammed for the upper end. Make little power on the bottom and not enough flow with my stocker heads for the top end. I hoping this will remove the fall off in power at the upper end.

Dr. I guess neon srt has never given you any issues on the street?

The sportsman 2 heads were and do offer good performance from 2500 rpm up. On a 406 they are great and I noticed no low rpm loss. When I first got them I was running a 2200 stall and the monte would lay rubber for 20 to 30 feet with the stock posi rear end. They don't flow well at big lift so they are ideally suited to .500 lift cams or so, I'd say .550 is about the limit, any more lift than that nets you little with those heads. I ran them stock and then ported the snot out of 'em and ran a big solid roller. They make good power, but not like the AFR's do. Good budget choice though.

Well, my street car was a 12.50 car, drove it everyday to work, 9:1 406ci. I don't think neon srt's are anywhere near that fast IMO, at least I've never run into one

Stage 3 SRT's are only putting down about 300-320hp on a good day in "hi octane mod"

I have a buddy who has a T3/04(.50 trim) on his and he's putting down 375hp/370tq(on a superflow dyno). The car is pretty fast for a Neon thats for sure. Him and my service writer, who owns a 03' 350Z with a T3/04(.60 trim) which put down 383HP/380TQ, raced from a roll and the Z took about a car length on the SRT. From a stop the Z beat it even worst due to the traction issues with the FWD! The 350Z runs a 12.9 @ 113mph (2.1sec 60'). So 9 out of 10 SRT's shouldn't give you any trouble.

Just sounds like you need to upgrade the HP in that car!

Guy

About the srt4 neon being fast ..lol well depends on what ya compare that to .... there must be at least 20 around my home town .. one actually has alot of work like 60mm turbo 3 inch exhasust.. custom intake stand alone computer and with slicks he went a whole 12.28 at 117 mph.. but hey i got my 100 bucks outa him with ease.. just think with the car and mods he is over 30 grand i had a whole 3 grand into the car and killed him .. thats gotta suck for someone ..lol

Stage 3 SRT's are only putting down about 300-320hp on a good day in "hi octane mod"

I have a buddy who has a T3/04(.50 trim) on his and he's putting down 375hp/370tq(on a superflow dyno). The car is pretty fast for a Neon thats for sure. Him and my service writer, who owns a 03' 350Z with a T3/04(.60 trim) which put down 383HP/380TQ, raced from a roll and the Z took about a car length on the SRT. From a stop the Z beat it even worst due to the traction issues with the FWD! The 350Z runs a 12.9 @ 113mph (2.1sec 60'). So 9 out of 10 SRT's shouldn't give you any trouble.

Well, in my not so humble opinion this time.... Those are slow cars for the wheel horsepower they're supposedly putting down. Am I wrong?