HybridZ

New Pad Problem

I'm outside right now trying to put new pads on the rear brakes of my 81 turbo, and i swear they're too damn thick to fit in... the outer pad seems like it's about 5 mm too thick... am i missing something crucial here, or did shucks gimme the wrong pads?

You only rotate the outer piston (that faces the rotor). The inner piston cannot rotate. If the piston is rotated all the way in, then that is not your problem. The other likely issue is that the top huge part of the caliper is seized up and won't slide on the bottom part. You should take the two sides apart and then clean the groove where they slide on each other and put a little anti-seize on there so that they move smoothly. I bet that'll fix it.

The secondary piston spoken of above was frozen. I broke a 6" C Clamp getting it to close... lol

but, it finally closed, and now my brakes are back in order, if a little squishy. I think I need to bleed the front as well as the back?