HybridZ

split pulse manifold

CantZme

So what i've been reading, I am going to have to obtain one of these for my hx35w install. From my understanding, i would have to use a manifold(equal length) that, in this case would have 2 collectors from cyl1,2,3,& cyl4,5,6, then from the collectors, the tubing would have to stay seperate til the divided t3 style flange. Am i understanding this correctly? My knowledge of turbos and manifolds is limited, but would like to join the holset world pretty soon, even if it means that i'll have to shell out a grip of cash from a custom manifold. Any info would be helpful, especially if u know where i can get one made or pre-fabed(yeah, right)

I thought that the advantage to using the holset was that it didn't require the use of a modified manifold? I was planning a manifold split in the way you describe, but I was going to be using a Garrett t-04, not a holset. I say was, because now I'm trying to concentrate my energies towards a v-8 conversion.

I thought that the advantage to using the holset was that it didn't require the use of a modified manifold? I was planning a manifold split in the way you describe, but I was going to be using a Garrett t-04, not a holset. I say was, because now I'm trying to concentrate my energies towards a v-8 conversion.

You don't need to use a modified manifold to use a hy35w or hx35w. But in order to fully use the dual scroll housing the hx has you need a split pulse manifold. The hy does not have a dual scroll.

Your manifold sounds good except you don't NEED a equal length manifold. Its nice but not necessary. Other than that sounds like you are good to go. You might consider selling the hx on ebay and buying a hy35. You won't need a spacer or a slit pulse designed manifold. Also it will still spool faster and will handle any amount of boost your z can handle.

Looking here in Corky Bell's chapter on manifolds in Maximum Boost, he more or less says that it is much more important for the velocity of the gas in each runner to be consistant, ie that they be equally sized, than for the runners to be the same length.

anyone know where i can purchase a split pulse manifold for the l28et or have one fabbed up? i've seen some nice custom manifolds on the org. but don't know where to find these manifolds to purchase.

Thumper- I know it's a lot easier to just go with an hy35 but I'm stuck on this turbo...i'm actually just trying to be the first person to put one on an l28et on the org. Thanx for your information, but i'm one stubborn guy who has an infatuation with the hx35.