HybridZ

Super Chevy done, new best time

Had a blast at Super Chevy in San Antonio this weekend. Bested last years 12.72 with a 12.37. Was having major traction issues in first gear, basically had to feather it all the way thru first. Time for CV's and Drag Radials. There was a 8 second Z there, big block, Alcohol injected, tubbed full on race car. It was bad, can't remember the guys name but I should be getting an e-mail from him. I lined up with him during test and tune, looked real cool with 2 red Z's on the line till it turned green and he lift me sittin there. :)

Here's a link to my best pass.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/caa84bef-cf4b-4632-afec-984e00c1edfb.htm

• Like 1

Had a blast at Super Chevy in San Antonio this weekend. Bested last years 12.72 with a 12.37. Was having major traction issues in first gear

Time for slicks! Still, on street tires that's not too bad. Loved your car walking the pickup :mrgreen:

Where is the track in San Antonio???

Davy

The track is actually just west of Seguin on I-10. Which would put it east of San Antonio about 30 minutes. I don't know why that truck was there, all the other cars in the DOT class where either classic muscle cars or Vette's. I guess he was after the bracket racing money. At least I beat him!

My heads are Sportsman II small chambers, Cam is a Comp Cams Xtreme energy "XE274H-10". Probably not the right cam for the tunnel ram. I had it laying around so I put it on there as more of a novelty to turn heads but it seems to run pretty good so it will stay awhile.

What kind of 60' times do you get without NOS. I see your 11.9 et at 111 MPH. My trap speed is 112 but am totally nursing it off the line. Was that on slicks?

I was pulling 1.59--1.63s on Mickey T ETS. I was pulling 12.5s at 112 to 113 with a 2800 stall before with 1.8s and 9s on the 60. Once I changed to the 3500 stall I picked up almost 3 tenths on the 60 and 2 more down the strip but lose mph a little because of the slippage of the convertor. If I lock it in third it will run a 112 but times do not increase...so 11.9 12.00 all day consistent. Just wondered if i went tunnel ram dual quad with my cam would do. I run the XR282HR with AFR 190s. Thinking to going XR288 with a 383 upgrade when I get back to Texas. Maybe that tunnel ram setup would work good with that. I really like the look you have. Looks like a blower but not!!

Corzette, the carbs are Holley 450's and the intake is an old Edelbrock street tunnel ram. This will be an obvious statement, but GrumpyVette has lots of knowledge on tunnel rams, he gave me some info when I first put it on.

As far as my tire size.....a whopping 205 wide! I put them on before I had any horspower.

Back to Corzette, where in Texas are you from?