HybridZ

Where to install the CLT

badjuju

K, so I made a nono on my 280, and just poked a hole in my upper rad hose, siliconed it and called it good.

It worked for about 2 months, then I was toying with an old neon with all the extras (body kits, etc) and I suddenly realized I was going to get my ass stomped by the mondo turbo in this guy's car. I heard the loudest blowoff valve that has possibly ever been put into something which runs on gas.

Well, no, it turns out it was my cooling system rejecting my clt mounting idea, and antifreeze flew all over my nicely powdercoated intake parts, which are now not so nicely powdercoated.

At any rate, My stock clt i can't seem to get to work with msnse, and I don't know how to mount a GM clt other than putting a hole in my rad.

What do others do?

I tapped out the thermostat housing, too. It is a 3/8" NPT. Ace is the only place I could find that carried the tap. Beware because tapping tappered threads into aluminum is really difficult. I cracked a thermostat housing the first time I tried it and had to buy a new one. Take your time.

There is a NICE adapter from the lower radiator hose of a 240SX that slips into the raidator hose, and contains a switch for the cooling fan.

Unscrew the switch, install your CLT, or the CLT for a GM, and no tricky on-car machining is required!

I found this recently, and thought "Oh, that's a trick switch adapter" usually they are in the radiator tank, but having one in the radiator hose makes for a nice universal mounting for just about anything!

I believe the car was a 91 if memory serves. Summit makes several adapters like this as well. Hope this helps with giving you another option.

• 1 month later...