HybridZ

Average Idling Vaccuum?

badjuju

Er yeah, it's not 18-22psi, it's 18-22 inches Hg. I'll lay money on it.

If you have a stock EFI Z with that low a vacuum, it's affecting the fuel delivery. Check valve adjustment...

Mine is anywhere from 12 to 20" Hg depending on what cam I'm running. I want to say the stock L28ET in the 260 has something like 35kpa at idle.

Good Luck.

I got kinda confused with whether the gauge meant ambient minus 9 hg, or just 9 hg, so i plugged my lappie in and got a reading of 35-43 kpa at idle, at 1500 rpm.

My rpm is so high because when i put it into drive it drops down to about 900, where it will die if it goes much lower. not sure if it dies because the auto pulls it down so far or because it's tuned poorly, so i'm going to try and play with that this weekend too.

however, i'm kinda concerned with my gauge reading, because you say 12-20 depending, and that stock is something like 35. if that's correct, i need to better understand the reading of my little gauge, because my understanding is taht kpa is in absolute value, ie, 100 = ambient, then any vaccuum is under 100, and boost is over 100, give or take a couple kpa due to alt and temp.

that is, 1 atm is equal to ~14.7 psi, so i would assume that a 10 psi vaccuum would mean it's actually at 4.7 psi, or ambient-10. I don't however know the conversion setup for inches hg to kpa.

Tony, do you think that there is an issue with my kpa being 35, and if so, it's strictly a tuning issue?

IDEA!

K, get this; my gauge reads Inches Hg on the vaccuum side, and psi on the boost side. Say it's broken, say it's actually just reading psi on both sides. It's possible i suppose... anyways

If that's the case, and it's actually reading 9 psi and showing 9 psi,

there are 2.036 inches of mercury in 1 psi. that means 9 psi is about 18.32 inches of mercury, which computes to 62 kpa. ambient (100 kpa) pressure - 62 kpa vaccuum = 38 kpa, my average kpa value for pressure at idle. any takers? anyone buying this, or am i off my rocker?