HybridZ

Just wanted to say Hi. :)

LordZ

Been reading just about every post here for the past week regarding RB26 swaps and just wanted to say how impressed I am with the knowledge and community you guys have over here.

Once I get my current Z sold I'll probably be over here quite a bit more. Hopefully with mostly reading and searching, but I'm sure there will be a few things I will need to ask on since I'm new to the RB26 and S30 world. So please, be gentle. :)

Just a bit about myself. Please feel free to stop reading at anytime. You won't hurt my feelings, I promise! Just wanted to give a bit of background in hopes of not getting tared and feathered after my first newbie post, which I'm sure will happen eventually.

I most likely will be looking at just a stock RB26 powered 240 or 260 to start off with. Not because that is all I need, but more because I do this as a hobby and enjoy restoring and working on Z's. I have no doubt that once I get that on the road the motor will come back out for some upgrades, but it seems like a good start at least. Of course I'll be in the powertrain forums too, but since alot of those upgrades are based off the S130/Z31/Z32 my knowledge there is a bit stronger and shouldn't ask as many stupid questions. ;)

I've owned close to 15 Z's in the last 14 or so years, everything from 280's to Z31(T) to Z32(TT)'s. My last project was close to 3 years long, and was restoring a 1990 Z32 2+2 to a 2+2TT. More on that over at tt.net if you are interested. I'm sure some of you are wondering why not just go with what I know and stick a VG in there? Well, to be honest I thought about it. I know it fits and works great, but I need something new. That is the whole reason for going with the RB. I seem to have lost the Z32 bug for now, but am hesitant to leave the Z scene just yet. I've had one at all times since I was 17, so being Z-less is a tad strange for me.

Anyway, sorry for wasting your time over here. Just wanted to say hi.