HybridZ

lash pad thickness?

nategdizzle

hey guys i had my cam reground to 280int 270exh. duration deg. and .465 lift and .008 int. valve lash and .010 exh. on an n42 head..how thick of lash pads do i need...also i have seen some forums about how todays oils dont have enough phosphates or zinc for flat tappet cam break ins..i was wondering what the consensus was on that issue..i know the oil we use in our tractors and semis has a higher phosphate content but i already bought some castrol hd 30w for breaking it in...is there an additive i could use..aslo is there anything i should be aware of when i start my engine for the first time that will save me some headaches?

ok, well i just looked into setting up my cam and its a bit more in depth than i had thought it would be..i should have known :)..i didnt take into consideration that i have had a 3 angle valve grind and new valves from arizona z that might change the valve stem height..would anyone know a good place to start with for lash pad thickness

Just start with a 0.160" and a feeler gauge cut up and slipped under the lsh pad as per BRAAP's post.

I was OK using the Prussian Blue, it can be ordered from Jegs you only need one tube. But like Jim said and BRAAP does as well, prefer the Sharpie, some even use quick drying spray paint.

Yasin