HybridZ

Off to paint "hell" I mean Jail.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Well it is on its way to the paint and body man. I have to say that after having to basically rebuild the entire pass side I will be glad to have it out of my sight for a while.

Here are a few shots of what we did today, hope it motivates you all like your pictures have me.

After having it media blasted yesterday I took it to the paintshop for the first of many coats of PPG Epoxy primer.

Have fun.

Jeff

DSC00434#2_thumb.JPG

DSC00435#2_thumb.JPG

DSC00447#2_thumb.JPG

DSC00451#2_thumb.JPG

DSC00461#2_thumb.JPG

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Not sure what we will come up with for the tinted clear but we will shoot a bunch of test panels and see what works. I have a few months to decide that because the bodywork has just been started.

Jeff

Well it is on its way to the paint and body man. I have to say that after having to basically rebuild the entire pass side I will be glad to have it out of my sight for a while.

Here are a few shots of what we did today, hope it motivates you all like your pictures have me.

After having it media blasted yesterday I took it to the paintshop for the first of many coats of PPG Epoxy primer.

Have fun.

Jeff

Killer prep work dude!

• 2 months later...
Guest Aguyandaredhead

Here is an update and a few pictures to document where we are at.

The car is straight on the drivers side, i am really impressed what a good body man can do. Kudo's to Don for the great work. He is the type of guy that also tell's me when he needs something instead of just covering it up or working around it. The Driver side door hinges are worn so he called and said I need a set of good hinges. I love that instead of just figuring that is as good as it gets.

He has been working under the hood to smooth the engine bay and firewall. I had to do a very extensive battery tray area patch that was grafted from another car and even though I took my time and got it very close with metal work he says that under the hood has been the toughest. I filled most of the unwanted holes on the inner fenderwells and firewall and he has been smoothing the spot weld marks on the strut towers. I also Replaced the Passenger side frame rail with one from Zedfindings (Charlie is great and he has great floorpans and frame rails) so the new spotwelds on that are being removed as well. The ultimate goal here is as little filler as possible.

Now the passenger side rear quarter had to be replaced because of a substandard patch after a accident. I was not happy with the welds and figured it would give me trouble down the road. So I found one from one of the great guys here that had one laying on the shelf and I had it replaced in no time. The only thing I will say is be very careful not to push to har mid panel by the door or it will end up recessed just a touch from the back of the door. We had to cut it loose there and let it move back out slightly to get it to align perfectly.

The hatch was one of the worst panels, It had to be shrunk and hammered on quite alot. for such a small panel it has proved very difficult.

Well Don tells me that it will have pain on it in the next 2 weeks or so and I am really excited to see it done. I am not looking forward to putting the car back together. This is a RB swap as well that has been all mocked up previous to starting bodywork, however I know there is still alot of work to be done there.

So here are a few pictures.

240z 001small_thumb.JPG

240z 005small_thumb.JPG

240z 010small_thumb.JPG

240z 016small_thumb.JPG

240z 003small_thumb.JPG

Guest Aguyandaredhead

The Dash has been sitting in the same state for a a while. I have been busy at the office. One day I will wrap it, it is ready all the glass has been smoothed.

The focus has been on the body for the last 2 months.

Thanks for all the great comments. I am trying not to miss a detail on this car.

Jeff