HybridZ

LS1 Z is completed and video of first drive

Larry,

I got the side pipes and they are hanging real low. I didn't realize it until I drop the car down. I did a good job on the exhaust but I am really disappointed because it is too low. I think I will have to notch the frame on my car when I work on the exhaust.

DavyZ,

This is my friend's Cobra.

Thanks for the comments guys. When I took the car out there were no one around. After the burn out they came over to check the car out. The goal is to get this car completed by next spring. This car just need a paint job and interior work.

Mario,

This is my friend's Cobra. Mine is the one I am using the C5 cluster.

vinh

Larry,

I got the side pipes and they are hanging real low. I didn't realize it until I drop the car down. I did a good job on the exhaust but I am really disappointed because it is too low. I think I will have to notch the frame on my car when I work on the exhaust.

DavyZ,

This is my friend's Cobra.

Sidepipe_and_mounting_hardware_001_2_.jpg

I had to notch mine and it's a good idea to put a flex joint in. This gave me 4 1/2" clearance on a stock ride height. You still have to avoid speed bumps and watch entering and leaving places off the road.

LARRY

Larry,

Thanks for the pictures. I have different mounts on my friend's side pipes. I had them on rubber mountings and I didn't feel like they needed flex pipes. I also didn't want to notch the frame because I have to support it (waste more time). The side pipes on this car are sitting higher then yours. They are 1" below the door. However the pipes going under the frame rails are low plus I had the flanges near there too so they make the whole thing even lower.

On my car that I will be working on the exhaust I will notch the frame and weld 2 1/4" plates one on each side of the frame. Then build a bridge and bolt it in to the 2 plates. ahhh maybe I will go back and do it for my friend's car as well.

Thank you for the compliments Mike.

Here is another video showing how low the exhaust and the sound of the exhaust. Check out who is helping me started up the car and raised the RPM. That is my son Jonathan. He did a good job pushing down the clutch to start the car lol. He is an exellent helper BTW.

Enjoy guys.

Vinh