HybridZ

No turning back now.

Took the L28 out yesterday and got the engine compartment ready for the paint booth. Can't wait to get it back and start the LS2 transplant. The wiring still scares the hell out of me but I'm sure I'll muddle through with all your help. Pic's to come.

Wayne,

Your wiring is nothing compare to mine. Check mine out.

Before:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2079000-2079999/2079260_58_full.jpg

After

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2079000-2079999/2079260_69_full.jpg

Mm1noel,

Have no fear hybridZ is here. I officially done 2 LS1 wiring harness and both cars ran. GL

Vinh

Don't worry about it too much, man. I pulled the L28 in my car last monday and spent all this weekend working on cleaning up the engine bay. The factory wiring isn't all too bad. Most the accessory stuff (headlights, etc.) are in one harness while the FI and engine components are in another. I think I'm getting it all figured out, so don't worry too much. I'm only 17 so if I can do it, I KNOW you can! :)

yeah, the z wiring is simple, and I took out the fuel injection years ago. Its getting the LS2 and all of its wiring figured out to make it work that scares me. I'm sure I will be able to figure it out, I have the wiring diagrams for both cars. But just looking at the harness for the GTO is somewhat overwhelming. I just need to start un-harnessing it and jump in.

I'm a know nothing and I was able to do the wiring. A bit of advice though. The LS2 harness is pretty much stand alone as it is, so it won't be much of a problem. Don't create one like I did and rip out a perfectly good chassis wiring system because you think it's old. If it works OK, keep it. Using the Painless Harness is pretty easy and it did teach me a lot. They have a pretty good book on automotive wiring also. I got it at Barnes and Noble.

Clive,

Save your money. The Fbody harness is a stand alone harness already. It took me an hour or 2 to label and cut all the wires I don't need. Again I have the wiring diagrams and connectors info on all the GM cars. Let me know if anyone needs any info on wirings. If not send me the harness and I can label and hook up relays, fuses for a plug and play for you.

Vinh

Clive,

Save your money. The Fbody harness is a stand alone harness already. It took me an hour or 2 to label and cut all the wires I don't need. Again I have the wiring diagrams and connectors info on all the GM cars. Let me know if anyone needs any info on wirings. If not send me the harness and I can label and hook up relays, fuses for a plug and play for you.

Vinh

I already got rid of my 2 harnesses, guess I will have to buy another or find another wrecked f body. So I am guess the $750 is way to much for a harness if it only take 2-3 hours to do it yourself.......makes sense.

Vinh I am going to pm you in a few days when I need some info. Thanks

Clive

Vinhzxt,

What do you use to join the two wiring harness together? Just purchase a 05 GTO LS2 and I have a 73 240z. The electical sounds like the hardest part of this engine swap.

I'm currently going through as much of the forms on this as I can, so I am searching....

Thanks

I don't rewire nature. I simply add volume to the universe. That's my job. As they say....there's no replacement for displacement.

Just curious, but the universe is a vaccum, so to add volume to it, wouldnt that make you a blow hard? Or if you mean increasing the amount of vaccum thats already there,, wouldnt that mean you suck?:lmao:

J/K man, saw that and couldnt resist.

A balloon increases in size when the air around it is evacuated yet its mass is unaffected even though, at a distance, it appears as to have increased its mass. So... I guess silicone boy's statement is either inflated or not, depending on your perspective. I choose to believe him since I like big... balloons.

Just curious, but the universe is a vaccum, so to add volume to it, wouldnt that make you a blow hard? Or if you mean increasing the amount of vaccum thats already there,, wouldnt that mean you suck?:lmao:

J/K man, saw that and couldnt resist.

Well, I do liposuction also, so I guess I do suck. I don't like it as much, but when I add implants up top and do some suction to make a woman's waist impossibly small, I guess I've done my part to maintain equilibrium in the universe.