HybridZ

have any of you did a turbo swap from a 1980 280zx with an 83 turbo motor??

mikesz

I am almost finished with my turbo swap and the fuel pump wiring is all that needs to be done.I can't figure out how to wire the fuel pump.81-83 n/a is different from my 1980.

There is one blue-red wire running on the turbo harness plug by the battery that is supposed to be for the fuel pump(i think) and the green wire is from my main harness is for the fuel pump from my original set up.I just need to know what wires tie into to the fuel pump relay to get my fuel pump to turn on.This is all i need to get my car running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have things hooked alittle differntly ....but yes what bleach said

works great .for 82 and 83 zx's.....however it wouldnt work for my 81 ..this is the part of the swap that is a pain ...on my 81 car they hooked the yellow starter wire differntly then 82 83 ..its SO wack ...so if i turn my key all the way and hold it you here the fuel pump come on but my car wouldnt start ...i had to make a starter switch .the inhibter realy was clicking like a mofo the key runs though that realy then to the starter on 81's.mabe the fuel pumps wires on 80 are differnt..iam unsure you should track the wire with the hayness book .hayness 1980 wireing di are top notch they kind of slacked off on the other years ......

its wierd your cars fuel pump wont come on when the key is held down ? thats one thing i didnt have to change ...DAM car makers why couldnt they have just made them wired all the same .good luck with the swap ..sounds like it shouldnt be to much longer .:wink: