HybridZ

Flame on....

Guest wncspeed

Guest wncspeed

Guys I have searched and searched...I swear. Can some one please post a link with a complete write up for an LS1 swap into a 85 300Z. Which would include an items needed list. Thank you

The reason you can't find a write up on that is you'd be the first to do it. At least I've not seen anyone post here about this swap.

Normally nobody flames here, especially if you do a search first and legitimately can't find what you're looking for.

If you do the swap, take alot of pictures and document it so yo can help the next guy avoid the problems you encountered.

BTW: Welcome to HybridZ, the best Z website you'll find anywhere. :)

Good luck

Wheelman

There are a couple of guys that have done "standard" SBC's into a 300's but not too many. I'd go for an RB if it'd fit, or maybe a 4.3L? Dunno, whatever floats their boat i guess.

There won't be any kits for what-ever you do, so let the customer have what they want.

BillZ260 is correct, there have been several guys post on here that swapped in a gen 1 or 2 SBC but none for LS1s so far. There are no kits available yet for anything so you'll have to fabricate everything. This being the case if you're game and don't have a problem with the electronics involved do the LS1 install. The LSx series engines are great platforms, lighter than the older iron block engines and can make some serious HP with few mods.

Other options would be a Ford small block, Lexus 4.0 V8 (1UZFE), Buick GN V6, 4.3L V6, RB engines or even an SR20DET.

Be creative and if the customer is willing to pay then go for it.

Wheelman

One thing to keep in mind are the smog requirements. I think most states require that the vehicle meet the smog standards of the newest component, engine or body. It may be easier to use an LSx engine and fab the bits and pieces, than to try to smog an older engine.