HybridZ

FI on L24 motor

Guest jestr73

• Administrators
Just curious if there is any benefit or if its even possible to run an early 280 feul injection system on a stock L24 motor.

Yes, it is possible to use 280 efi on an L24. Its not ideal though. There are many factors to consider, but the biggest issue is probably that the torque curve of the L24 is higher up the RPM range. It will definitely take a significant amount of fiddling. Depending on your budget, you may be better off with a stand alone system.

• Administrators
wow. yea it is. I just get really really lazy when im on my computer. I no it makes me seem imature and like a total JackXXX. Ive been trying to clean it up a lil.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

one would question why use an L28 system when the L24 system from the Maxima is calibrated for the engine size more precisely?

The Maxima also puts the ECU under the passenger's seat, which gives you a nice, long harness with which to hack and move around if need be.

Sure MS is programmable, but the fact remains there is a properly calibrated L24 system out there already, no fiddling required other than mounting componentry...

• Administrators
yea its easy to bolt up. but if you get MS, you can get more out of the engine(correct me if im wrong).

True... especially on an L24 due to the restriction of the AFM being more significant on less displacement. BUT, have you ever installed/tuned MS? I'm guessing no. While it can/does work, it requires more diligence than other systems.

and ron, just cry. tahts what i do when i think about how much of i fail at life :(

FIX IT.

Another problem is bolting the manifold to your head. The E-88 (i'm guessing thats what is in your 240z) does not have the holes for the EFI manifold. Also, when I saw one, the maxima manifold looks like it has slightly smaller runners than a normal 280z one. Can anyone verify that?

If your L24 long block is stock, and you are just looking for better drivability by using EFI, get the entire EFI setup off a L24 powered Maxima or 810. You may also want to use an MN47, N47, or N42 head because it has the injector slots in the intake ports. You can cut your own in an E88 or E31 head, it's not that difficult.

If you are looking to build a performance L24 (cam, head work, etc.), then go with Megasquirt or an aftermarket system. You be able to get the most out of you engine mods with a programable system.

• Administrators
I have never installed it. I just assume that if you are gonna take the plunge to efi, might as well use the one thats gonna let u tune it the way u want it. even if that means more work.

Im working on fixing it

You've been PM'd