HybridZ

Teaser pics of new L6 turbo setup

savageskaterkid

after I did a compression test and such, found out my motor wasn't shot. So I decided to mess with the L a bit more, I plan to blow it up and do a performance rebuild. But I am considering an RB25 swap now.

The real reason for no V8 is the fact that there getting expensive near me. Everyone wants like 500 for a CORE, not even a full motor either.

Its a holset H1e, its pretty huge. I got it for 80 shipped to my door. The guy said that it needed a new compressor wheel(got one on the way) and that it does have a bit of play. When I first got it, I noticed, it has NO PLAY. The guy also stated that it had low miles with low boost. The exhaust housing isn't even rusty, its very nice. For all of about 110 invested, its basicly a new turbo. I will have to clock both housings though. The oil feed and drain face sideways(feed points to the block, return to the strut tower.) From what you can see in the pictures, everything fits, and it does clear the intake and everything.

what is up with the east coast charging so much for v8's? A buddy and I did a chevy 350 swap in his 78 cutlass when we blew up the 305. We called like 15 junkyards in the area(up and down the coast), I was stationed in Maryland at the time. They wanted at least 1100 for a 305, and as much as 2000 for a 350. So, we just bought a crate olds 350 for 1500 and slapped all the old 305 stuff back on it and it ran pretty good but nothing to be proud of. Still cant believe they charge so much for those things over there when I can get one over here for a 1/3 that price and with a guarantee! peace.

While lookin at the setup as it sat, my wastegate will not fit at all(50mm HKS)

So me and my friend had an idea, why not flip the turbo over? We did it and mocked it up and that will give us a good 3-4 inches of room for a spacer where we can mount the wastegate. It shouldn't make be too hard to do now. I plan to run the intake piping upto the cowl and get fresh air from there. And the down pipe will go mostly straight down till it clears the frame, and then back like normal. Gonna go mock it up later this week, and see if it clears the intake.