HybridZ

fender mirror install

Guest skratchavenger

Guest skratchavenger

Hello, im new here to hybrid Z and i just came across a pair of JDM fender mirrors for my pop's 240Z. its his 50th birthday next month i was wondering if there was a mouting template i should look for or can anyone here post pictures up for me. so i can copy it. Thank you very much.

Regads,

Marc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
We used this diagram for our fender mirrors and it does not work. The left hand mirror is pretty much useless unless you like looking at yourself driving. Hindsight says mount the mirrors out as far as possible.

I don't agree with your statement. I used those measurements and in the photo below the car next to me and the car behind it are in clear view. Did you adjust the mirrors after you mounted them. The measurements in the posted diagram are correct.

100_0952.jpg

LARRY

Loosen the phillips screw and rotate the mirror with the driver in the car. Don't mount anywhere but where the diagram says to. I have seen a few cars where people had no clue where to mount them. Putting them close to the headlight bucket looks goofy and incorrect. You should be able to see everything you need to see in the factory specified location.

• 1 month later...
ok guys...i'll be mounting my mirrors tomorrow...but i have a question. The diagram that 70z posted...is that pointing to the middle of the base or the edge of the base?

please advise

thanks in advance

When printed it looks like the inner edge of the base not down the centerline of the base.

I made the original ( RHD ) diagram - measured from my original Fairlady 240ZG that had these mirrors fitted at the factory - so I can tell you where I measured from:

I measured from the EDGES of the mount ( inside edges and the front edges ) and not the centre of the mount. If you have a genuine set of mirrors you can work out the hole centres from the edge measurements anyway.......

Just to stress once again that the modified diagram that 70z posted above relates to LHD mounting positions.

Alan T.

awesome...thanks for the clarification!

I do have a pair of genuine fender mirrors...not quite sure what you meant by "work out the hole centers from the edge measurements"

But from what I understand, the measurements are to the edge of the bases.

I think what he is refering to is that there are no pre-existing holes in the fenders for the mounting of the mirrors. The edge measurements give you the hole placement position.

LARRY

well folks, I did it...I installed the fender mirrors...

I gotta say...it was pretty easy for the most part. I think the hardest part was taking that damn stock mirror out. There is absolutely NO ROOM to undo the 1 bolt, but I took it out anyway...here are some pics (sorry... cell phone quality)

185803437189.jpg

185803441669.jpg

185803449349.jpg

ok...so does anyone have any pointers to do a spot patch?

185803444613.jpg