HybridZ

lsd? r200

HowzDat

I was wondering is a 240sx r200 lsd with the cv half shafts would work ,replacing the stock r180 on a 240z, instead of doing the r230 conversion. I was wondering because it is alot easier to find parts to replace things for the 240sx lsd r200 and cheaper. Also because it is an r200 you wouldnt need the custom diff mount and mustache bar right?

Yes... the R200 conversion is much simpler/cheaper. BTW, there is a Power Brute CLSD carrier group buy right now. So... you could find an open R200 (cheap/plentiful) and have a brand new high performance CLSD installed. There are "Stickies" in the driveline forum that have very specific instructions for the R180 to R200 swap.

I was wondering is a 240sx r200 lsd with the cv half shafts would work ,replacing the stock r180 on a 240z, instead of doing the r230 conversion. I was wondering because it is alot easier to find parts to replace things for the 240sx lsd r200 and cheaper. Also because it is an r200 you wouldnt need the custom diff mount and mustache bar right?

You are looking at just about as much custom work to install the 240sx diff as a R230, because of it being a short nose R200, and its also a open diff unless you buy a JDM 240sx diff, which will be a R200 short nose VLSD....

Here's 3.90 R180 on EBay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240z-260z-280z-r180-3-90-rear-end-differential-rare_W0QQitemZ160043660358QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That plus an LSD on the PB group buy might be an option, depending on what you're trying to end up with.