HybridZ

Got the front tires on, rubs

My baby got its front tires on today!

n3231777_32044524_9070.jpg

n3231777_32044528_1277.jpg

That ^ is all the way lowered on 8" springs I think? Using MM coil overs, in either case, I think the bumpsteer spacers did alot to keep those LCA's pointing down.

n3231777_32044525_9565.jpg

Love that shot ^

n3231777_32044527_717.jpg

Oilpan below the frame rails...

n3231777_32044526_135.jpg

The car is running 245/50/16 and there is a bit of rubbing going on as you can see. Wheels are 16X8 +10. There is no rubbing if I do not use a spacer, or if the car is on jacks, but I have added 1/4" of space to clear the toyota brake swap. Basically I am just wondering if anyone can give me tips as to how to fix this issue (other than smaller tires)? I was thinking that I could grind the calipers down a bit and it would clear, but I honestly like the added track of a small spacer, since I want to eventually add ZG's and it looks mean like that. Maybe when the ZG's go in I can cut back the panel a bit? Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm kind of confused as to where the rubbing is occuring...

is it on the front lower panel or the part right behind the front wheel on the fender?

either way, a hacksaw is your friend. Also, an aftermarket airdam may aleviate the problem, assuming it is comming from the front of the front wheels.

1) The spacer will do it, and...

2) 50 series aspect ratio is also making it worse

I've had 240/45/16 tires with no rubbing, but this was a zero offset 8" wheel. The further outboard you go, the worse it gets, plus you've got a taller tire as well.

1) The spacer will do it, and...

2) 50 series aspect ratio is also making it worse

I've had 240/45/16 tires with no rubbing, but this was a zero offset 8" wheel. The further outboard you go, the worse it gets, plus you've got a taller tire as well.

Ya I agree, I just couldn't find what I wanted in 245/45 :redface:. Oh well, looks like I will just be trimming the lower front valance. How the hell do people fit the 16X9 watanabes on? Low aspect ratio?

I'd assume they're using something lower profile. But remember that the lower profile you go the harder it is for a tire to be forgiving (how well a tire regains traction after loss of). Of course engineering can compensate, but I was just stating a general rule of thumb.

Besides, who needs a front valance anyways? I see guys in concord running thier muscle cars without hoods all the time. :D Surely something as trivial as a valance isn't needed.