HybridZ

Why Doesn't ANYONE Ever Answer Their Own Classified Ads?!?!

Guest Mike

I've posted many questions in the "Classified Ads" section. I always also send emails to the same sellers via the "Contact Seller" link. I almost NEVER receive a reply:(

If they've sold the item, there should be no need to reply because they should either remove the ad or mark it as "SOLD". Otherwise they should be polite enought to reply:icon56:

CALL TO ADMINS... could we try a little moderation in the classified section to instill a little etiquette there:confused:

Sorry to vent but this is really frustrating:fmad:

I've been trying to buy that Black Pearl 280z in the hybridz section, he's still got it for sale, i talked to him on the phone but i'm still waiting on more pics, so don't delete that one.

If there's any help i can do i'd love to moderate that section or do somthing like that.

Guys... we need someone to first clean up the classifieds, then moderate them. The cleanup is a daunting task but, after proper etiquette is enforced, the job should be routine and require little time/effort.

ADMINS... 240zV8 has offered to take on this task (see post #5).

b sosick... I always send an email via the "Contact Seller" link. They still seldom respond. Besides... anyone selling something should frequent their ad(s) anyway. It seems like common courtesy to me.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: SuperDan did a GREAT JOB cleaning up the ads section, didn't he folks??:wink:

However, people are still failing to reply to PMs and posted inquiries. This is beyond frustrating:banghead: In fact, I JUST EMPTIED MY WATCH LIST and will NOT BOTHER TO SEARCH any ads until this is resolved. No one will be selling anything to me for awhile:mad:

C'mon, ad posters... have a little respect for others. It's easy to KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN ADS... just ADD THEM TO YOUR OWN "Watch List" and REPLY to inquires AT LEAST every couple of days. DELETE sold items and ANSWER PM's. It's just common COURTESY:fmad:

Just my opinion... I'm done ranting... for the moment:?

Hi Mark,

First... I meant nothing personal:wink:

I recognize your name... I think you may have replied to an inquiry I made about some parts?? If so, you're one of the very few who did. I thank you for that. I think the "Contact Seller" link in the ads may have problems. If so, thats a technical issue. I started sending PM's instead of using that link and got a couple of replies out of several dozen attempts regarding fifteen or twenty ads:shock:

It's my opinion that anyone who posts ads should frequent those and post replies to inquiries. Maybe most people think they'll receive a notification from the server and therefore don't know they need to check them:confused:

I guess it's possible it's just a matter of how people set up their options. If they have their options set to NOT receive email or PM's that would be the problem, wouldn't it:confused: :toetap05: Of course, that doesn't stop them from checking their ads:?

Anyway, the bottom line is... the system doesn't work. Whether it's a tech issue or a social one is up to the admins to decide and to address. They're excellent and I'm sure they'll come to an elegant and timely resolution.

Sorry for the rant earlier.

Mike