HybridZ

has anyone done business with Z fiberglass?

OlderThanMe

More tasteful like the atrocious ZISIZIT kit they are selling now? Hopefully whatever you sent them will be better looking than that...

That ZISISIT kit is actually an old kit made in the 80's. Some old Z books I have mention it. It used to be called the ZRE. It mimics a Ferrari 308 in all the little details, never mind that it is a totally different car... In defense of it's styling, this was when Magnum PI was huge. People tried to make everything into a Ferrari then; Fieros, Camaros, mini trucks, radio flyer wagons- it didn't matter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the marugen shoukai website from your post in the vendor section looking for the Akira bodykit that I thought I'd seen you offer once. I didn't see the lower valence there, just the really nice looking g-noses that they offer. Where did you get the flares and the valence, if you don't mind my asking?

I Had Bought The G-nose From Them {Z-FIBERGLASS}VIA(e-bay), And When I Got It I Wish I Hadnt Of Wasted My Money Or Time. The Nose Is Wavy All Over And Will Need Some Serious Attention In The Bondo Department. The Buckets Are Not Round(more Like Oval At The Headlight). I Am So Mad At The Quality Of This Product That I Have Tried To Call Everyday For A Solid Week And Noone Ever Answers The Phone. They May Have Roducts That They Are Selling That Are In Great Shape But I Know I Paid 810.00 To Get This Item To Me And It Definitly Wasnt As Simple As Primer And Color And Bolting It On. This Piece Is Going To Take A Lot Of Work To Get It Right To Look Like It Should, So Please Beware Of The G-nose Especially.

I just ordered the rear corvette full panel for $225. Tom said they just pulled two pieces without the exhaust hole. I will be recieving it pretty soon but its going to Texas. Just to let all know they have one more ready to sell. Remember they just got started in business and are still making parts I guess. No excuse for having shabby parts but Im sure they will honor the fixes. They have a lot on the line with buying those molds so lets give them a chance and also hold them accountable for repairs etc....

Terry

So....current inventory for my third Z build on body parts:

G-Nose (Proxlamus..thanks bro!)

SS Fiber Hood (280Zone...the man!)

Rear Duck Tail (Paulo)

Rear Corvette full panel (Zfiberglass)

5 piece IMSA kit (awaiting shipment)

Im thinking of putting the fender vents from the GTO kit if they will fit on the IMSA front fender. Also does Reaction sell the piece that covers the rear quarter window on the 240 or is that part of the rear bucket? I think it would be cool to enclose the quarter windows like the GTO. Im still up in the air whether to get the Pantera hatch or Johns rear fiber hatch with window installed....suggestions?

Ill start on the suspension, brakes and drive train next.....3 years to go!!!

Terry

Terry,

why did I get a question mark?

SS Fiber Hood (280Zone?)

: )

HaHa....I wasn't sure if that was the correct screen name....you got me laughing.....absolutely no foul intended.....hey I even corrected the post!!!:)

This should prove to be another mean original Z on the road when its all done...Like 2012..lol!!!:burnout:

Terry

I just ordered the rear corvette full panel for $225. Tom said they just pulled two pieces without the exhaust hole. I will be recieving it pretty soon but its going to Texas. Just to let all know they have one more ready to sell. Remember they just got started in business and are still making parts I guess. No excuse for having shabby parts but Im sure they will honor the fixes. They have a lot on the line with buying those molds so lets give them a chance and also hold them accountable for repairs etc....

Terry

So....current inventory for my third Z build on body parts:

G-Nose (Proxlamus..thanks bro!)

SS Fiber Hood (280Zone...the man!)

Rear Duck Tail (Paulo)

Rear Corvette full panel (Zfiberglass)

5 piece IMSA kit (awaiting shipment)

Im thinking of putting the fender vents from the GTO kit if they will fit on the IMSA front fender. Also does Reaction sell the piece that covers the rear quarter window on the 240 or is that part of the rear bucket? I think it would be cool to enclose the quarter windows like the GTO. Im still up in the air whether to get the Pantera hatch or Johns rear fiber hatch with window installed....suggestions?

Ill start on the suspension, brakes and drive train next.....3 years to go!!!

Terry

if i could get a hold of them i would and express my anger for the part we recieved then i would, but when noone will answer the phone it is hard to do. im sure they produce fine products, and im sure they spent a lot of money for the molds they have but all i know is the g-nose looks like crap and its definitly not worth the money we spent. i hope that you guys have better luck with your parts , but when you buy a piece that should be ready to primer and paint then thats what you should get, i also understand that its hard to get some pieces perfect, as we have also ran into the same problem with the IMSA kit. but we have taken our time and tried our best to fix the little imperfections so to make sure that when you guys get it then you will not be displeased as we have been with the g-nose.

Thanks Kjones! I would really like to see some pictures of the z fiberglass parts if they are really as bad as 240zttV8 says. Most of the time parts need some bondo but as long as the fitup is good and does not need much cutting to fit then it still seems to be a decent deal

Hey...

I can tell you that I received a different G Nose from Show Cars Body Parts and the quality is very poor... I have 30 years of autobody experience and "if" I can get it right it will take at least 40 man hours... bad fit, just all around poor quality... I have to admit though... I called them and told them about it... they were going to try to help, but I didn't want to pay for the shipping back and forth for another attempt. I decided to "eat it".

It will be GREAT if the Z Fiberglass stuff is a viable option... We all realize that fiberglass parts require some work... there is rarely a fiberglass part that fits perfect outta the crate that you can bolt on sand prime and paint... So to make me happy, all I'd need is something that requires a few hours of work (3-4 would be fine and expected).

Let's hope that the quality meets those type of expectations when they arrive!

Ken, this is the kind of feedback we all have been waiting for. You probably know the numerous problems that we are having with fiberglass vendors.The Admins and the general members have had it " up to here" dealing with this situation so I hope you follow up on this and give us your opinion on this subject. This has become very flustrating for all of us. Your findings on this will be greatly appreciated....

LARRY

Can someone post pix of their bad/wavy parts they received?

From what I remember, even MSA stuff doesn't fit all the time. I'm betting that these "suppliers" don't have their processes and/or materials right.

I am by no means anywhere near an expert, but I do know how hard it is to make a perfect mold and then pull a perfect piece from that mold. I wonder if these shops are just selling their practice pieces, or old inventory?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have 2 updates for the group...

I received the subtle Z front fenders from Reaction Research last Friday, so I was excited to see what they'd look like with the Gnose that I received from Show Cars Body Parts... I promptly got it out of storage and quickly realized how POOR the Show cars Peice actually is... Simply getting it to fit will be a MAJOR undertaking and I still wonder if I'll be able to correct all the flaws to meet my standards (which are high).

We have been PATIENTLY waiting for 2 peices from Zfiberglass... They were late arriving so I called and was told that they had not been shipped yet, but they said I'd have it yesterday... They did not arrive yet. I have a call into them to see what's up but have not heard back yet...

Back to the Show Cars Peice... I got so disgusted with their GNose that I took it off and threw it back in storage... probably not to see the light of day again any time soon.