HybridZ

has anyone done business with Z fiberglass?

OlderThanMe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken, I have the rear subtle Z flairs in the classifeds right now, alot cheaper than the retail price. Thought you might need them to go with your front ones, just throwing it out there.

I would love to grab those subtleZ flares ... Just tight on money right now

My rear full panel was shipped on the 15th UPS by Tom. He has had problems with a close family member passing so he was tied up for a period of time. He apologizes and assures us to make everything right.

Terry

Terry,

Yes Tom called me yesterday as well and explained the same situation. He's a really nice guy and all is well with my shipment. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! One thing I really like about him is he seems to really care about customer service and based on my conversations with him, I believe he's very honest. If his parts arrive and they are good, I believe they will be a great vendor. I will report tomorrow with some pictures.

Yes I have 2 updates for the group...

I received the subtle Z front fenders from Reaction Research last Friday, so I was excited to see what they'd look like with the Gnose that I received from Show Cars Body Parts... I promptly got it out of storage and quickly realized how POOR the Show cars Peice actually is... Simply getting it to fit will be a MAJOR undertaking and I still wonder if I'll be able to correct all the flaws to meet my standards (which are high).

We have been PATIENTLY waiting for 2 peices from Zfiberglass... They were late arriving so I called and was told that they had not been shipped yet, but they said I'd have it yesterday... They did not arrive yet. I have a call into them to see what's up but have not heard back yet...

Back to the Show Cars Peice... I got so disgusted with their GNose that I took it off and threw it back in storage... probably not to see the light of day again any time soon.

Can you take any pix of the gnose, close up? What the hell is wrong with it?

Hey all,

Here's an update and some pictures...

The Gnose and tail light panel arrived today from ZFiberglass. It is LIGHT YEARS BETTER than the parts that I received from Show Cars. Pictures are below...

Only 2 minor things I will have to work on (which I expected to find something)

1. The detail on the front bumper line is a little faint on the Gnose... it will be easy to address

2. The tail light panel is "slightly" twisted... but not an issue. The upper lip that slides over the hatch finisher plate was also slightly angled down so it made it tough to fit... Some minor massaging will be required, but overall it is a nice peice!

Overall comments... the urethane material used to make these parts is tough as nails!!! It is a durable part with good light weight construction.

Looks like ZFiberglass is a winner! Thanks to Tom Crise!

DSC00248.JPG

DSC00251.JPG

AWESOME!!!

It looks like the headllights line right up with the fenders!

Thanks Ken for the update!

No problem! The headlight buckets do line right up! Keep in mind they are subtleZ fenders so the sides flare out... We have a really slick idea for integrating the fenders and airdam... More pics to follow!

Okay so I just got done emailing with Tom, something I had not know was that his mother had passed away. Which to me is a legitate reason for lack of communication, we've worked everything out and I have a g-nose and fg hood coming along. So i'm excited!!! Back to my orignal ZG Flared, G-nose Z.

Tyson

I think a big sam type air dam would look sweet in conjunction with the Gnose...

I saw one on a Japanese z car site... I'll see if I can dig one up...

I'd really like to see that!

Okay so I just got done emailing with Tom' date=' something I had not know was that his mother had passed away. Which to me is a legitate reason for lack of communication, we've worked everything out and I have a g-nose and fg hood coming along. So i'm excited!!! Back to my orignal ZG Flared, G-nose Z. Tyson

[/quote']

Tyson... Yes he had mentioned that to me as well... Anyway, as I stated I think he's a real honest guy and I'm really glad to see that we have another viable vendor to support the Z community with quality aftermarket products!