HybridZ

Diesel Crank LD28 Guys - Is It worth it?

slownrusty

Yasin - I don't have any first hand experience. I'm still in the planning/building stage but I'm in a similar situation. I have 240Z rods and I'm planning on forged pistons anyways so I've contemplated picking up a LD28 crank too. Right now I'm leaning against getting one in order to keep the better rod ratio and to not keep pilling on the expensise. I know it's not much difference but I still need to research the benifits of rod ratio vs longer stroke.

Seems like our setups may be pretty similar. Keep us posted which direction you go.

Never built a stroker turbo motor, so I can only tell you that its not required to make big power. I used what I had when I built mine and am makin a reasonable amount of power. You really need to weigh the options. Over 500rwhp can be had without going to a stroker, or going bigger than 2.8L How do I know? I've done it. I'd invest my money elsewhere on a turbo car.

James - Thanks for the feedback and I agree....but I have literally been collecting parts for my big Turbo build up for about 5years...I have everything covered from custom exhaust manifold to custom intake..beautiful P&P head...Thagard sourced Garrett Turbo you name it..Haltech..bottom end will have JE pistons..big IC...etc etc..so the stroker was the last piece in that sense.

BTW - I left you a message last week at your shop, did you receive it?

Yasin

We've had some problems lately with the phone situation and we are working on getting a solution. anyone that can't get through with the number on our website, feel free to call me at home. (785) 820-9563. I'm hard to catch there, but I WILL return your calls since I absolutely will recieve your messages.

Once again, sorry for anyone thats had trouble reaching us.

As time goes on do they get more expensive>? I have been around for the Z scene for only a year, so I do not have that first hand knowledge of prices of certain parts.

Clive

Yes! I paid about $200 for the ones I got only about 2-3 years ago. No I'm not selling either.