HybridZ

Funniest Scarab ad ever.

cygnusx1

Hey... ease up... that writer has learned English as his second language...

The form and style also shows some cultural differences...

He describes everything in layman's terms... He is also non-specific...

for instance> He does not specify the actual tire size or brand... but his description would get the point across...

I get the impression that this guy is selling a solid, interesting, ... uhh .... basket-case... and the price is right... I wish I found something like that on the east coast...

I did see that and I thought it to be a decent price since this car actually has history behind it. No, I don't like 2+2's but IF I had the moolah and IF this was a fairly rust free car, I would consider buying it. He also has a complete 400 SBC for sale for $275 --- that's a deal!!!

Davy

Hey... ease up... that writer has learned English as his second language...

The form and style also shows some cultural differences...

He describes everything in layman's terms... He is also non-specific...

for instance> He does not specify the actual tire size or brand... but his description would get the point across...

I get the impression that this guy is selling a solid, interesting, ... uhh .... basket-case... and the price is right... I wish I found something like that on the east coast...

Hey I'm not laughing at him, I am laughing at the spelling of some of the words. BTW I learned English as a second language too. Come on, if he meant Recaro, it should be written right on the seat somewhere.

Yes, it is an interestingly different Z. :-)

I thought Brian Morrow was still alive????????

jt

I think no one knows where he is. If he died, then it makes sense why I could not successfully Google a search on him. I'd like to know conclusively what happened to the man that started the V8Z craze (is that morbid or what?)

Davy

I tried "brian morrow scarab" and "brian morrow datsun" and came up with zero current info. I guess if he did die in an auto accident, being in a V8Z would be appropriate. I remember reading the R&T article many years ago and thinking "Holy Crap!!!!".

jt

I belive Brian Morrow is alive. I met a guy at a Good Guys car show last year who knows him and worked for him at Scarab back in the day. He said he owns or owned (can't remember) a bunch of vidio stores in the bay area and lives in Black Hawk. I would love to shake his hand and show him my Z. Do you think he has ever seen this website? Look what he started!

Way back in the far and distant past, there was a car called the Scarab. It was pre Z, and was built in the early '60s by Lance Reventlow. That scarab was in apperance closer to a Shelby Cobra than a Z, although it predated the Shelby by several years. Lance, however didn't die in a crash of his Scarab, but in a plane crash in Colorado.

I belive Brian Morrow is alive. I met a guy at a Good Guys car show last year who knows him and worked for him at Scarab back in the day. He said he owns or owned (can't remember) a bunch of vidio stores in the bay area and lives in Black Hawk. I would love to shake his hand and show him my Z. Do you think he has ever seen this website? Look what he started!

Hmmm, that's interesting. It's difficult to believe that a guy bent on performance cars isn't doing something in the industry now, someplace, with something car related?!? I hope he's still around and I'd like to meet him too.

Davy