HybridZ

RB25 swap done.

John Sixgun

Got my car back last night. Exactly what I wanted. Mike and the crew at Top Hat Performance in Conyers did a fantastic job on my swap.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Working on the exhaust part since at the moment I have a dump from the back of the EGR housing to the ground and it's quite noisy. Not too bothersome though. Sits under the hood nicely with no contact even when completely shut and runs 160-170 constantly.

I'm giggly.

Agreed. But with my car and the way the hood is put on there, there was no room to run the piping for a front mount. My front end has been extensively modified and the hood tilting mechanism is completely different. Plus the nose being all steel also left us with little room for a front mount without some cutting on the metal. Things are in the works for that but at the current time, with the Jegs radiator that I had in it for the V8 and a dual fans, one directly in front of the intercooler, it runs pretty good. The car is stet up stock boost and stock everything at the current time. With the low weight, the stock set up gets it along nicely.

looks good what tranny did you use ? will be doing a rb 25 swap next month your reply will help a lot

It's got a 20 tranny on the back of it. The 25 tranny while much beefier is much larger or so i'm told. So I used a 20 tranny that I robbed off the back of my buddys motor.

Greenmonster, the bodywork is all done in steel. Some guy did it back in the late 70s in his garage here in Atlanta. Theres no fiberglass anywhere on it. It's got Opel Manta taillights as well, most people think that it's an Opel GT when they first see it.

That's also a Rock Star energy drink can on the side. I had some Southeast Drift Association vinyls on it but my buddy used some fancy electro sticker remover on them and with the lead based paint from the 70s as well, removed a nice slab of paint. So on went the sticker.

I need some wider rear wheels but want to stay with 16's. Not a huge fan of large wheels.

Thanks for the compliments guys, hopefully I will see some of you in March.

not too keen on the body mods. some look cool, others look weird to me, but thats what i like about zees though.. everyone has their own distinct car when they're done, so props to that! =)

Congrats on the acquiring a RB25 aswell, and i hope it brings you good fun =)

I'll be running down that road soon too :D