HybridZ

The Garage is truely ready for Winter.

ZR8ED

Well its been getting colder these days. (Ontario, Canada) and thoughts of working on the car are more common than good driving days. I've recently returned my attention to my garage to do final setup work to be ready for when the snow forces the car into hiding for an extended rest.

During the summer, I insulated and drywalled the garage, Epoxy painted the floor, installed better lighting, and setup two mezzanines built shelves and racks to hold my Z parts, built a work bench, and setup my mig welder/compressor/vice etc ready for use.

Now that it has been colder, I noticed some draft areas around my door, and my heater heats the garage fast, but the air leaks cause the heat to bleed off quicker than I'd like. So I insulated the garage door itself, and stopped the drafts around the edge of the door frame.

Now I'm ready...

Then I get this "while I'm at it" syndrome AGAIN! I say to myself, the garage all ready and I can do all kinds of work on the car and be comfortable while I do it. Well not totally comfortable. Some music would be nice. (see where this is going?) I should just spend a few extra dollars and buy an inexpensive stereo. Hmmm. I'll need speakers too. I find a stunning sale on one of those surround sound systems in a box deals. COOL. A surround sound system in the garage with 5 little cube speakers and a subwoofer. Hmm this thing plays DVD's as well as CD's and mp3's jpeg pics etc... (see where this is going AGAIN?) Hmm a tv would be nice.. the stereo plays DVD's, I might as well use all of the features. So I find a great trade in deal at a used electronics shop, and pick up a LCD flat panel tv. This is great, it won't take up too much space this way.

Ohh the Justifications of the while I'm at it syndrome.

My GF thinks I'm nutz, my friends think I'm nutz.

I'm not nutz am I?

If I am, at least I'll be comfortable in the nicest garage on the street!

Now I just need a laptop so I can surf the net when I get frustrated working on the Z, after I break something because I was not paying close enough attention to what I was doing, because I was watching a cool movie while working on the car.

AHHHH. I think I might be going to far...for now. hehehe

LoL. All you need is a bathroom and a GF grill and you can live in there. Sounds like great plans for the space and I will do the same oneday when I own a home.

ps. We meet at the car show back in late Aug. I came with David Palermo aka 1tuffz.

Nuts? Heck no! The more like home the better.

zzz023.jpg

zzz022.jpg

zzz021.jpg

even a place for the kids to doodle. Hot Dawg Modine heater and four windows looking out the back yard. Bifold and trifold doors close it off from regular garage. Doubles as excercise room. My dedicated Z area isn't huge, but over 850 sq ft garage total. Beer fridge in the back, BBQ is just around the corner!