HybridZ

Z31 ecu upgrade?

Wide260z

• 3 weeks later...

what up i ust did this swap and it definetly helped out. There seems to be a couple different versions of it though. I used the early 3z ecu, 84-86, that way i didn't have to mod much, if you use the later modles 87+ its more upgradeable. But i don't no how to do that one. And yes 82-83 is the only distrib. that'll work. Goodluck:mrgreen:

ok, you can use it on the n/a, but you have to cut the ecu plugs, and solder in the ecu plugs from the z31. The 280zx n/a plugs are way different from the z31 and s130t. You also have to use the s130 turbo distributor and run all the wire to the z31 ecu. Hope that makes since. Its not to easy.

Hopefully everyone knows about the huge sticky "HOW TO" thread about the Z31 ecu swap????? It's been around here for a long time: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=91250 That thread explains most everything.

Anyway... it's deffinately worth it on the 280zxt if you're on a budget. I did my swap this last summer & also did WreckedJ30's this last weekend. My total for the swap was $30... that's why I did it. If you bought all the parts from the junk yard / ebay:

-$30 to $80 for the Z31T ecu (use the 84-86T ecu)

-$10 to $30 for the Z31 MAF

-$0 to $10 for the distributor chopper wheel

-$0 to $10 for the ecu plugs & a couple inches of attached wires.

i would of gone megasquirt, but didn't really have any money to do it, you could always buy one for me, Mack..lol. Hmm, benifits, well my car kept dying, and it fixed that, it controls your fuel and detonation sensor inside the ecu. It feels much better throttle wise, and is a lot cleaner setup. It elimates the stock bulky afm. If anyone can think of anything else bring it up, nismo knows.:eek: Plus you can also elimate the vacuum crap underneath the stock afm.