HybridZ

Old School Photos

RacerX

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the chicken wire fender vent on that Alfa! I saw a Lotus 7 in London when I was there in 05 that had those on what I assume were the carb locations, it looked pretty purposeful. I want the wheels from post 229 right now!

Those are BBS cooling fans. They are plastic inserts that bolt into a standard BBS wheel. They were the hot setup in the early 80's. I have several sets, I don't use them, I like the deep dish look without them.

found some photos in my archives of the Monterey Historics in '03

I love Morgans!

36710.jpg

AMC!

36708.jpg

Bimmers leading the pack again!

36709.jpg

Team Tyrrell, these things are awesome..

36711.jpg

O beautiful Ferrari and the luscious sounds you make

36712.jpg

GT40 #3 When I was there the featured marquee was Ford and they had some great machines out for all to enjoy.

36713.jpg

One of my personal favs...the Sunbeam Tiger

36714.jpg

SAWEET!!

how far is the front hood extened from the stock length? I have though about doing a 2 piece front end with a longer and wider hood and have thought about extending the hood down like that. The front wing is funny...

Is that the lawn edging mod along the side of the car? I thought of that but had not seen it done before for a street car but it makes sense.

I think a huge-ish BRE spoiler would look great on that car.

srgunz,

you posted some of my photos from a long time ago like Bob Sharp's Zcar and the Victors Zcar - lol!!

Ernie/RacerX

Ernie,the Victors car has the same flairs as my car, I've been trying to identify these flairs since I bought the car. This is the first time I've seen another like mine, anymore pics or info would be appreciated.

-Dennis

DSCN0192 (Small)_thumb.JPG

SAWEET!!

how far is the front hood extened from the stock length? I have though about doing a 2 piece front end with a longer and wider hood and have thought about extending the hood down like that.

Is that the lawn edging mod along the side of the car? I thought of that but had not seen it done before for a street car but it makes sense.

The distance from the centerline of the front wheel on both a G-nose, and the Primadonna to the extreme front of the car is 39 inches. I don't have a standard body s30 to compare that measurement with. Take a measurement I would be interested in knowing.

As far as the skirting, It was a fairly popular mod in the 80's. There were even some kits at the parts stores that you could buy. I think that I do recall some people purchasing their aerodynamic needs at the local garden center though.

As far as the Primadonna when I got the car there was no skirting on the sides. However, I would assume because the front skirting on the car is about 1/2 in thick reinforced rubber conveyor belt material, that any skirting on the side would have be the same.

Let's face it, any skirting that you put on the vehicle better have some grunt to be effective, especially at speed. Ever seen a urethane nose on a Camaro at 110 mph? leave the edging material at the garden shop......unless your Mr Green Jeans (now I'm giving away my age).

Rog

My Dad has a couple boxes of pictures from sebring and road Atlanta from the 70s that i will scan this weekend and add to the post. Any of you old School racers ever heard of Peter Gregg?? My dad worked @ Greg Motorcars in Florida for a long time and has alot of pictures of Peter's cars.