Old School Photos

RacerX

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B2TMFlyingHigh.JPG

qaud TURBO :)

Looks more like twin turbo with draw through weber side draughts to me...

Hey Primadonna, where in Florida are you? If you're ever around at an event or something, I'd LOVE to see that car up close! (with or without the cooling fans on the wheels...)

Ernie, if you could find a picture of a Countach with a front spoiler, that would be awesome! I've been looking for a picture of that for the longest time! I KNEW they came that way, but nobody has any pictures on the web at all...Also, the 2nd Gen MR-2 supposedly had a front spoiler out there somewhere too, and I can't find pictures of that either...

Guest TeamNissan
Looks more like twin turbo with draw through weber side draughts to me...

Hey Primadonna, where in Florida are you? If you're ever around at an event or something, I'd LOVE to see that car up close! (with or without the cooling fans on the wheels...)

Ernie, if you could find a picture of a Countach with a front spoiler, that would be awesome! I've been looking for a picture of that for the longest time! I KNEW they came that way, but nobody has any pictures on the web at all...Also, the 2nd Gen MR-2 supposedly had a front spoiler out there somewhere too, and I can't find pictures of that either...

Well if you want to be technical its just 2 turbos bolted to the hood of a car lol. All the did for mad max was bolt stuff to the cars not actualy make it work lol.

St Pete.

I am finishing a resto on the Primadonna, and installing Air Conditioning right now. In the mean time I am driving the other Z for shows, and events. I do belong to Suncoast Z's though, suprised we havn't met.

Roger

Well if you want to be technical its just 2 turbos bolted to the hood of a car lol. All the did for mad max was bolt stuff to the cars not actualy make it work lol.

Don't forget about the headers sticking out of the fenders on a supposedly turbo car. contradicting modifications.

Guest TeamNissan
Don't forget about the headers sticking out of the fenders on a supposedly turbo car. contradicting modifications.

Haha ya and its looks like a side draft carb bolted it each turbo lol. I bet that thing is SUPER fast hahaha.

St Pete.

I am finishing a resto on the Primadonna, and installing Air Conditioning right now. In the mean time I am driving the other Z for shows, and events. I do belong to Suncoast Z's though, suprised we havn't met.

Roger

I don't actually belong to any organization but Hybridz (I'm not going to claim Classiczcars since I'm not that active over there)...My grandfather lives in St. Pete so I'm there every Tuesday hanging out at his place. Now that I've got my Megasquirt working, I'll probably try and get more active in the scene. I'm sure I'll see you at some point.

Happy New Year Ed!!

The front spoiler wasn't intended for front end downforce.

FYI! The gray market Lambo Countach when it was imported into the US in the late 70's early '80 actually got away with Federal certification for front bumpers using a front spoiler!

At least that was the info I received from one of the importers because I painted the front "bumper" spoiler for this Lambo Countach!

Ernie/RacerX

Happy new year to you as well Ernie. Hope you had a good Christmas. That's pretty funny that spoilers slid by for bumpers lol.

Guest TeamNissan
Happy new year to you as well Ernie. Hope you had a good Christmas. That's pretty funny that spoilers slid by for bumpers lol.

I think they let that slide on expensive cars because they cant test it. Know what I mean?

Ernie, that's the picture! I saw it in your photogallery while I was at work (for some reason, they've blocked the forums, but not the gallery or the classifieds, so I log in to see if I've got any PMs every so often)! Now I just need to find the second gen MR-2 front spoiler, and we're in business...I like how they mounted that on the countach though, right through the valence into what one assumes is the crash bumper (did it even have one?). Looks like it has some kind of quick release deals on it too, like a hood pin type device.

isn't that front spoiler upside down? looks like it would create more lift than downforce...

but i guess as was stated above its not for downforce? lol whatever...just had to point it out i guess

EDIT: after looking at the pic/racer x's post i guess its to create lift in the front making the rear end go down correct?

Guest TeamNissan
isn't that front spoiler upside down? looks like it would create more lift than downforce...

but i guess as was stated above its not for downforce? lol whatever...just had to point it out i guess

EDIT: after looking at the pic/racer x's post i guess its to create lift in the front making the rear end go down correct?

You NEVER want to create lift lol.