HybridZ

Dual SBC's in a line???

Alf

Alex,

IIRC when "TV" Tommy Ivo made two-engined and four-engined dragsters back in the day, he mounted them so their flywheel ring gears mated with each other! Like LS1 240Z said, one of each pair rotated in reverse.

According to Street Rodder Magazine, on the Hot Wheels Twin Mill "The twin big-block engines are connected by machined steel transfer plates (built by SCS Gearbox out of Bellevue, OH) from a tractor puller...) which doesn't really explain much, alas. The Street Rodder article is available here: http://www.streetrodderweb.com/milestones/0307sr_milestone_twin_mill/

Cheers -- Gary

A couple years ago at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona, a guy had an Opel Manta with a pair of small blocks, 1 in front of the other (sorry no pics).

He had stretched the frame rails ahead of the fire wall. From the fire wall back, looked pretty much stock.

Hadn't really thought about keeping a pair of em cool though....two radiators?

The did that with a 2.3L QUAD Four that was bored out through the water jackets and sleeved down to a 2.0L then twin turbo charged. It was a monster of an engine. I had Grand Am with a 2.3L QUAD in it and it was awesome. That engine in stock form would walk on everything I raced outside of a V8. The only thing I hated was working on it. It's huge with dual overhead cams and the water pump and timing is really wierd. Great car though. Man I miss that one.