HybridZ

New Mustang concept

auxilary

Ford really got it right from a consumer stanpoint and wrong from a performance guy standpoint with the latest mustang. This "concept" car won't survive the Ford boys revamp. Ford knows they are gonna have their hands full topping the latest body style that hit the streets in 2004.

Truth be known, I'd own one of the latest if it were lighter. But again, Ford hugely missed the mark. That car should NOT weigh 3600+#. And their GT500 is 3900+#... almost TWO TONS??? I don't get it... Let's make a badass musclecar and make it as heavy as some pickups... Nice going FORD! :roll:

By the way, number one buyer of Ford Mustangs? Women. Women have ALWAYS been the largest consumer of this car and that's why there are more of the 6 cylinder version available, and those numbers track all the way back to the introduction of the car in the 60s! :2thumbs:

Mike

Guest TeamNissan
wow i thought the mustang was bad, but what is nissan thinking? http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/09/nissan-urge-satisfies-at-detroit/

I personaly like the "urge" and really checked it out in person at the nyc auto show last year. Its not a concept car the way your thinking either, they dont plan to bring thatout anytime in the near future, it was just a showcase of some ideas the nissan motor company is toying with.

The stang on the other hand is ford trying to see what the general public thinks of thier design, meaning we COULD see that nasty thing or something like it sometime very soon.

In my opinion the camaro concept wins, its gorgeous, a complete throwback to the rs/ss with a new modern drive train. It actualy to me looks like something foose would come up with. Minus his ugly rims ofcourse lol.

I had the misfortune of driving an automatic six cylinder mustang during my trip to vegas, and man that thing was a DOG! Struggling to maintain the speed limit as soon as I hit some elevation changes...One time I floored it just to see what kind of acceleration it had, and it just sat there at full rev in between first and second like it didn't know what to do...I had to let off and start over before it would shift...

wow i thought the mustang was bad, but what is nissan thinking? http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/09/nissan-urge-satisfies-at-detroit/

i have always loved nissan cars.....but what in the FROZEN BLUE HELL is that supposed to be?!?! I do admit that it looks futuristic, but that needs to be far enough in the future that none of the current nissan fans will have to suffer through it.:ugg:

Its beautiful. Love the front end/headlights. Tail lights could use some work, but I love how agressive it is. Interior textures/materials suck of course but its just a concept car.

SP32-20061128-003823.jpg

From articles I had read weeks ago, I was under the impression that this was not, in fact, a concept Mustang built by or for Ford, but just a one-off done by an Italian coachbuilder, basically for the hell of it. This car is not connected to Ford (besides the fact that it's a Mustang concept) and doesn't reflect what the Mustang is going to look like any time soon from what I've heard and read...