HybridZ

Making progress!

80LS1T

Well I'm getting very close to having the whole body in primer and ready to paint! The biggest thing has been molding in the rear spoiler that I got from MSA. It was a 1 piece spoiler but I cut it into 3 pieces and I am molding on the back of the car. Getting it to fit just right has been a long and boring process but I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I just have to layer it with some body filler to smooth it out and then I can finish my front fenders and primer the whole car!

11-28-06_2114.jpg

You can just see the spoiler in this pic. Its kind of like a "duck tail!"

11-28-06_2113.jpg

Pictures a little blurry but you can get the full view(camera phone pics).

11-28-06_2109.jpg

Guy:rockon: :cheers:

Looks good Guy! I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing with a rear spoiler on my car (and using one that looks like yours). Do you have any tips or suggestions for anyone attempting this and do you think there's going to be any problems with cracking in the future?

Bartman our cars are going to be twins if I deceid to go with the 2 tone paint! LOL Still undecied at this point but that black/blue sure does look nice!

Yes, the spoiler is made out of fiberglass. I really hope there isn't any issues with cracking.

I used a super high strength 2 part "epoxy" glue to attach the 3 pieces to the body(onto bare metal). Then I put a layer of fiberglass cloth and resin(gel type) over all of the edges on the spoiler pieces. I then closed the open ends of the 3 pieces with fiberglass cloth and resin(gel). Getting the gap right between the 3 pieces was the hardest part(no helpful hints there, just patience). I really don't think cracking will be an issue because there won't be much stress on these parts. I can rock the whole car by pulling and pushing on the end pieces and it doesn't move at all!

I'll try to post so more picture went its all smoothed out and sanded!

Guy