HybridZ

Rare 50mm Triple Weber Carburator set up w/ linkage and intake

DocBombay

Please see my EBay auction, item #230058821192

These rare racing carburetors were installed on my championship winning 1970 Nissan 240z race car and have been used for only three events (approx. 3.5 hours) since rebuild. Included in this auction is everything seen in the pictures below. The custom made throttle linkage and tuning was completed by Rick Freeman, formerly of Rebello Racing.

This setup will fit on 1970 - 1978 Nissan / Datsun 240z, 260z and 280z with round port heads. Please confirm fitment prior to bidding.

I called and seems you are right. I am still skeptical, but they say they can get 50s. They say they can order them but they have not used a 50 set up yet or recently. I was under the impression that Weber stoppped making these years ago.

Mine are still cheaper, you can see 'em, and they are proven. Three first place finishes, in fields of greater than 40 and 50 cars, in the last three events.

Doc'

Well, I don't know. If your carbs and intake are new then I can see your price as being reasonable, but if they're used then I would bring it down a bit. Anyone with the money for that setup will have the head opened up to breath better before hand. Unfortunately I think 50mm is way to big for anything on the street. It would work, but it would be overkill. I have the tripple side draft throttle bodies with the electromotive engine management package from TEP. Still haven't had time to get it all together. One of these days....

When we had several records under our belt at El Mirage, the choice was to go to 55 Webers for the power jump we needed (from 45mm DCOE's). For the price of the 55 Weber Setup (the things run 45mm booster venturis), we ended up buying ITB's, and going with EFI that served us really well.

Unless the class dictates carburetion, ITB's are the way to go in high flow applications IMO.

At the time, 55mm Webers and the Attendant Manifold were Price-Comparable with the TWM TB's and their manifold (with the TWM setup being cheaper, actually...)

45mm ITBs are streetable. 50+mm PHH's or DCOE's are not...

But if your class restricts you to Carburetion, then they are "dashizz"...