HybridZ

I got my MS 1 V 3.0 today!!

big-phil

Well I took the plung! I got the relay board, harness, and MS 1 V 3.0. Mister mail man deliverd it today. It looks much smaller than I thought. I've been reading for the past 2 hours. WOW what did I get myself into? I have got to give a friend in FT. Worth a call who has tuned his. So he can tell me what I need to download. I also orderd a Pallnet fuel rail for my Supra 440cc injectors. Anyway There will be a video when she's done.

I'll second the wideband computer and sensor.

With it I was able to install MSnS_Extra in the talon and then tune in 30 minutes of driving covering all load points in the VE map.

I am still running that same tune 11K miles later and have been running at 18psi. AFR's are steady where I want them and I couldn't even imagine running 18psi without a wideband or pyrometer or local shop tuning.

so my laptop can be used as the guage for tunning? can I buy a guage at a later date?

also, is this how I want to wire my relay board?

I'd say yes to all of the above. I'm running an LC-1 with no gauge (well, actually, there's a cheapo ten-bar gauge in there that burned out) and I watch my AFR readings with MegaTune while tuning. The LC-1 works with a couple different gauges - the XD-16 works with a couple other Innovate products, but you can use a variety of digital or analog gauges with it depending on the look you want.

i have 2.2 ms&s with innovate wide band-i just filled in my ve table values on laptop and the ms runs off the wide band.i used moby's program to get car running.my car uses a cherry hall effect sensor on the flywheel for rpm feed and runs a 81 zxt dizzy and 81 coil/transistor.the ms fires the stock coil.there are magnets drilled and glued into the flywheel.there is a lot of ways to get things done-thats what makes old z's better-you have to fab things yourself.

that is the bumpiest map i've ever seen.. LoL.. bunch of areas with what looks like lean spikes.. so your dumping tons of fuel in a cell..

are your AFR's steady or all over? and whats going on after 180kpa?! suddenly gets SUPER lean.. never plan on runnin more boost? if not.. still tune it to like 150% so you dont go boom