HybridZ

Z artwork

skillet

ive seen a few people posting drawings and stuff like that up. i had an assignment where i had to do a painting in the style of Andy Warhol (camble soup cans/marylin monroe. painted the 1977 art car BMW that raced in la mans) i was kinda in a rush to do this one, and the assignment dictated the bright gaudy colors and gaphic approach, but i think it still came out pretty cool. think ill try it again with better colors and see how it turns out. what do you guys think (its actually much brighter in person)

663468_151_full.jpg

dscott@shourimotorsports can get you those. Check the vendor forum for the 432 headlight covers thread.

Skillet, that's not too bad. What kind of art program are you in? You know the warhol prints were supposed to represent the commodification of those personalities, kind of a biting social commentary...I think when teachers randomly assign "do a picture in the style of..." projects, they are doing a dis-service to the student if they don't explain the social context of the original image making (I don't know if that was accurate in your case here or not, I've got a bachelor's degree in studio art, so I've seen that type of thing happen before, that's all).

veritech...we did spend a while on warhol. i just threw the name out there to give people an idea of what we had to do. this was for a color theory class, and the main point of the assignment was just to make the center image look like a shodow. we have been doing alot of exercises with shadow color and transperency effects with oil and acrylic. i just threw this one up here sice i used Zs as the motif.

Skillet.

I`ve been doing graphic and industrial design since 1989. Currently I work for JADA Toys (http://www.jadatoys.com). We are going to release a 1/24 240Z diecast model based on my car. I prepared a few wallpapers for the occasion. The ones I posted here were just two of them.

Here`s another one. If you have any questions please ask, I`d be happy to answer.

ERIC

240ZJAPAN.jpg

Skillet: right on, that's just kind of a pet peave of mine, implying that art needs to look like famous works to be valid. I don't remember who it was, but there is a quote that said: "If it looks like art, it's probably someone else's..." The point being, don't get too hung up on how you stack up I guess. I hope I didn't sound like I was coming down on your picture or anything, I think it's pretty cool!

thanks guys. Veritech...working on BA in studio myself right now. most of my stuff is a bit more off the wall, but you have to check the block sometimes. i think im going to do the piece again with colors i like, and i was thinking of a large bonsai tree or cherry blossom branch as the shadow. i only had 2 days to finish this one.

Skillet.

I`ve been doing graphic and industrial design since 1989. Currently I work for JADA Toys (www.jadatoys.com). We are going to release a 1/24 240Z diecast model based on my car. I prepared a few wallpapers for the occasion. The ones I posted here were just two of them.

Here`s another one. If you have any questions please ask, I`d be happy to answer.

ERIC

240ZJAPAN.jpg

is this the modle car based on your Z?

91063_w0_24_Opt_die_red-_none_72_Dat_240.jpg