HybridZ

new to forum

Guest Eppy

hi there very new to forums, cant wait to learn some stuff about these cars :D id like to ask everyone to post some pics of their car because i have NO IDEA what kinda z car i want..i know the daruis 240z on the net with the procharged LS1 is very nice looking but again i have no idea what cars look good to me. if you guys could help that would be sweet.

Eppy, glad to have you on the forum. When you log in, there is a photo album--click on that and run through the albums; tons of pics there. Also, there are several threads about 'showing off your car' or ones to that effect. Please search the archives for the threads--there should be plenty of photos for you to go through. Welcome.

The Management

thanks for the help. yea i started searching threw the forums right after i posted i found some i like ;)

The S30 (240Z, 260Z, 280Z) are usually the easiest to pass emissions, so you might want to start there. However, if emissions in your area are not of a real concern, the 280ZX is not a bad choice either.

Davy

They are the S30 cars. The 240Z, 260Z, and 280Z had roughly the same body but different bumpers in the later cars. The pictures are mostly 240Zs from what I can tell. It really does not matter actually--the smaller bumpers can be installed on the later cars for the same effect.

Davy

The S30s (240-260-280Zs) were made from 1970 to 1978. Which one is best? That depends on how much you are going to change. If you are interested in a higher power engine swap look for a car with a r200 diff. I'm not sure what years they came on the S30s... '74 and up, maybe? Other than that, just look for a car with as little rust as you can find.

280z and a 280zx? hm what are the differences of these cars? if body style can someone show me pics of the two?? also do these cars handle very well flying threw corners?:mrgreen: can anyone tell me some things they hate about these cars or things that arn't so great about them and some things that are great about them and you guys love.

eppy: with a few bushings(which aren't too hard to replace), coilover springs and aftermarket struts you can have a Z that will hadle up there with modern vettes and other high end cars.

I have put about $1000 into my suspension and is height adjustable and the struts have adjustable stiffness with stiff polyurethane bushings.

What rontyler posted was a 240z/260z/280z bodystyle. This is a 280zx below.

280zx%20001_500x280.jpg

I have a 1974 260z and like it's body better than the 280ZX and 300zx 1980s cars. Notice the difference in quarter windows.

First generation Z cars have more flowing lines than the ZX cars. The easiest thing to see the difference with is the triangle quarter windows of the 280zx and 300zx of the 80's. If it is a 240z/260z/280z it will have the up curved quarter window

Eppy, you've been getting some very generous responses to this point. Now it's time for you to do a little research by yourself. This site is full of a ton of info about these swaps. You just need to search it out and read it. Please avail yourself of the info on this site.