HybridZ

Need help (LSD question)

cpt jack

They use a Tomei CLSD carrier which has steeper ramps then then the USA Z31T carrier. It might be worth looking into. Alas I ordered a powerbrute for low money and for me it is better just to go new.

EDIT: I searched some here and apparently the splines on this (GTR) diff are too numerous or the shaft is too large a diameter. The 300zx TT shafts apparently work though. It is 12mm bolt.

They use a Tomei CLSD carrier which has steeper ramps then then the USA Z31T carrier. It might be worth looking into. Alas I ordered a powerbrute for low money and for me it is better just to go new.

EDIT: I searched some here and apparently the splines on this (GTR) diff are too numerous or the shaft is too large a diameter. The 300zx TT shafts apparently work though. It is 12mm bolt.

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE of this info? It seems to contradict our previous findings. As far as we know now the Z31 carrier has a big spacer and not as many clutches and steeper (not as aggressive) ramps. The Power Brute apparently is the same as the Nismo carrier, and it has the more aggressive ramps, more clutches and uses the same spline count as the Z31.

The VLSD that came in the 88 SS apparently came with larger stub shafts and a higher spline count than the regular CLSD side gears. The S15 HLSD also uses a larger shaft. I think to this point those are the only two we've identified that use a larger stub shaft.

I mean this diff has harder lock up than the Z31T. Not steeper ramps, sorry. I am 90+% sure and about 75+% sure that the axles are larger. I remember reading it somewhere on here very recently and then I checked an R32 GT-R diff ad on Ebay which stated similar things. I will look harder. I definately saw pictures of less angled ramps though aswell as a different shaped carrier then the standard Z31T.