HybridZ

LS2- Getting Close!

I am really almost done with the LS2/T56 swap. The wiring is done. Intake, radiator, heater hoses, and AC are all hooked up. I noticed my rack boots are bad so will be changing them. My computer is not back yet and I need to get to the exhaust shop. I'm getting goose bumps and its not all because its 25 degrees here.

Mike

No, I called them twice, and they didn't return my calls so I sent it to speartech. They should have received it yesterday.

I think the reason it went so well and quickly is because you and Mas280 gave me so much help with questions before I really started, so I haven't really had the trial and error I would have had. I had a huge pile of parts ready before the engine bay was even painted.

Mike

M1Noel,

Were did you get most of your extra parts? Having trouble getting 98-02 Camaro Oil pan and the GTO Master clutch cylinder. Not clear if I can run the stock manifolds or do I need to go to headers? I have the 05 GTO LS2, going into a 73 240z.

M1Noel,

Were did you get most of your extra parts? Having trouble getting 98-02 Camaro Oil pan and the GTO Master clutch cylinder. Not clear if I can run the stock manifolds or do I need to go to headers? I have the 05 GTO LS2, going into a 73 240z.

Kbhead,

I am pretty sure you have to go with headers either from JTR OR JCI. They will run from $300 uncoated - $450 coated.....but double check those numbers. Do you have any pics of your swap in progress? Best of luck.

Clive

M1Noel,

Kb-

I bought the oil pan, tray, pickup tube, dipstick and tube at the local GM dealer. At jobber price they were less than most used ones were going for on Ebay. I got the clutch master along with the whole pedal assembly with the engine I bought. I didn't try the stock manifolds as I decided to get the coated headers, but John at JCI could probably tell you if they will work as he bought my stock manifolds to try them on different cars. You will also need a 98-02 camaro firebird motor mount for the left side as the GTO mount will not work. If you are running a T56 you will need a different shifter too. The B&M GTO shifter seems to work well.

mike

Its in the garage on the trailer, going in for exhaust in the morning. The ecm should be back maybe by the end of the week, then (hope and pray) fire it up and when we get some decent weather, a first drive.

Keepin my fingers crossed for you and hope you get her done this week!

M1Noel,

Thanks very much for the info. John didn't tell me that I needed a different motor mount and when I got his kit. I thought that mount was missing. Just another thing to add to my list. Here is a picture of where my car is right now. Over the holidays I will be welding all the seams to try and stiffin up the frame. 240z's are not as stiff as the 280Z's.

Sorry unable to post the picture. Will have to create a web site to post my pictures.

That sure is a great job, Mike! It's a beauty! With a hotrod like that, you need to move somewhere you can drive it more often...:o) Keep the updates coming.

Wayne

Wayne,

thanks for the support but moving is not in the cards. I can drive on dry pavement most days even in winter, and where we live I can enjoy all my other hobbies (white water rafting, water skiing, snow skiing, fishing, shooting, golfing, etc) all less than 1 hour from home. Oh, my ecm is supposed to be on the UPS truck tonight- I bet I don't get far from the front door.

Mike