HybridZ

Just finished up my exhaust, wanted to share.

Sparky

Looking good man!!.. I like how you positioned your muffler. I did my exhaust in 3" stainless and I think I am giong to take it down and paint it black. one of my buddies discovered VHT paint at autozone.. its supposed to be good up to 2k deg. He has it on his Turbo S2000.. works and looks awesome!!

I used some of that on my header. Worked great for the first year, but after that it started to rust a little near the head.

I have heard you have to coat it once a year to hold up a good finish on a header. On an exhaust system, it shouldn't be nearly as bad.

Thanks again everyone.

I finally got a chance to go out in the garage to start her up this morning and I must say while its not as loud as I wanted it (in the end thats a good thing) I did really like the sound. very deep and throaty without any obnoxious tinny sound. I will have to wait and see what it sounds like under load..Im still running a screamer pipe off the wastegate so that should more than satisfy my desire for aural pleasure. har har.

hey Phil, here is a larger picture of that car, taken at the Nismo Fest in Japan.

nismo_fest_800_06.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i did my whole system in vht flat black, as long as your pipe is clean, then sand it with like 220 grit, put on 3 coats, then warm up the car, in stages, it will stay, mine has lasted 4 years with little or no fade, and has not rusted, and the can of spray is cheap. looks good on your car, flux core isnt that bad to weld with, just requires a diff. technique, better for thicker steel tho

i did my whole system in vht flat black, as long as your pipe is clean, then sand it with like 220 grit, put on 3 coats, then warm up the car, in stages, it will stay, mine has lasted 4 years with little or no fade, and has not rusted, and the can of spray is cheap. looks good on your car, flux core isnt that bad to weld with, just requires a diff. technique, better for thicker steel tho

Thanks for the info, for now I've decided on keeping it bare, it looks ok and it has gotten to the point where I need to just drive the car instead of working on little stupid aesthetic things. must drive car!

Hey Sparky,

If you have clearance problems, consider using Oval tubing by Spin Tech...

I've looked into that and might go that route in the end, I really think that a more thoughtful approach with the 3" round tubing will net the desired results...after all, it is a street car so its not that low... :lol:

nice Z BTW, I've always wanted to see one up close...I don't think pictures really do the primadonna cars justice.

Thanks for the info, for now I've decided on keeping it bare, it looks ok and it has gotten to the point where I need to just drive the car instead of working on little stupid aesthetic things. must drive car!

I've looked into that and might go that route in the end, I really think that a more thoughtful approach with the 3" round tubing will net the desired results...after all, it is a street car so its not that low... :lol:

nice Z BTW, I've always wanted to see one up close...I don't think pictures really do the primadonna cars justice.

Those pictures are of the Bernstein car that I bought.

Rog

• 3 weeks later...
Primadonna does that oval dual exhaust work on a 280z without removing the gas tank?

By the time you NEED that much exhaust you SHOULD be using a fuel cell...IMO

but that is just me.

I also don't see it worth spending nearly 2 grand on wheels to clear stock spring perches...

but if you have coilovers and a fuel cell then you may be deserving those cool wheels and exhaust from the power that the boom box under the hood should be making.

• 1 month later...