HybridZ

Final Question for the Californaio people befor i leave for Iraq!!!!

240ZR

ok i bought this 350z here in GA, well they gave me GA title instead of CA title, b/c they told me i was going to save all this money on stuff if i bought it as a GA resident (military so i can do that kinda) so now I try to get plates and the DMV wont let me get them in GA b/c i dont carry GA insureance ( i hav allstate and its a CA plan but i am covered no matter where i am and CA insurance is ALOT better then GA minimums) so after hours of arguing they still wont let me....

So, I want to reg in Cali.... so i find out i have to TAKE the car to Cali according to AAA and DMV, so i figure out after hours more i can use a REG343 form to get the VIN validated and i got an MP to do it... now the Cali DMV is dicking me b/c its a 48 state car and needs to be smogged... but i am like ITS NOT in California there is no CA smog ref here in GA, there has to be some abatement fee or something that can be done... what if i was stationed in Hawaii or over seas with the car and registration came due.... how the hell do i get smogged then... well the stupid *$#*^ at DMV said well the regulations overseas are easyer over seas so you should register it there... at that point i was so fed up with DMV stuff i cussed her out and hung up.......

so...my question is HOW HE HELL can i get plates for this car? anyone know a way to get this done.... I cant be the first service member to have something like this happen... if anyone can give me a heads up I would Appreciate it....

California.... yea i guess I am screwed.... i tired to get GA insurance... Its going to shaft me if i do... i loose my multi car discount and I cant loose insurance on the 240z at home.... so i would be paying for the 2 cars on differant insurance plans JUST as much as i am now for each car... so screw that.....

I had to get a Cali license when I was at school there. But I just kept my WA plates and kept it registered up here, and I got pulled over and just said I just brought the car down to sell it.

If they let you register it like you want to, that would be a good loop hole for people who can't pass smog, so thats why they won't let you. Your gonna have to do it through insurance and register in GA first.

my friend joined the army last year because he was havin problems at home, and thought he was just gonna be driving a truck in the camp, but he got sent to Afghanistan. He just let us know that his convoy got hit with a IED and he had shrapnel all in his legs. I hate the fact we got all these guys my age over there who should be in school or somthing.