HybridZ

new wheels/tires

Thanks to all the great information posted to this site, I was able to find a wheel/tire combo that fits perfectly(without spacers)!

DSC00031.JPG

Wheels: Centerline Convo Pro, 15x7.5, 4 7/8 BS

Tires: Yokohama AVS Intermediate 215/60-15(front) 235/60-15(rear)

Thanks again,

Don

'72 V8Z

Looks absolutely wicked, Don. I can't believe the sleeper image your car has, but now with the new wheels, it's showing signs of it's potential icon_eek.gif I'll be sure and avoid all orange Z cars when I'm passing thru Gilroy icon_biggrin.gif lol

Sweet wheels, man! icon_cool.gif

Davy

Guest Anonymous

I might be crazy but I love the way 15's look on 240's! I recently bought Weld Drag Lites in 15x7 with 41/4" backspace(I think) and am very pleased. Your car looks cool, updated yet period correct at the same time, That's what I'm going for also. Congrats on the new wheels and happy hunting. Oh yeah, the shiny wheels act as "race me" lights to the ricers. Too bad for them. By the way, what's in your little Z? I'd like to see it sometime, maybe on the way to Monterey for the weekend in the near future. Noce wheels man, 15's are still cool!!(Like non ricer cool!) malebitchslap.gificon_biggrin.gif

Looks super clean with the Convos. 4 7/8" bs with 235 60 15 tires for the rears? Are you running coilovers? We have 4.5" bs with 225 60 15 and it's pretty close to the strut unit. Going coilovers though. Should be in by next weekend. Thanks for the pic. twak.gif J & G

Jason,

I built a 383 SBC with AFR 190 heads, 10:1 compression, Lunati cam with .480" lift/230@.050" duration, Performer RPM intake, and Q-jet carb. The trans is a 200-4R with a stock converter.

It ran 11.69 @ 120 MPH on BFG drag radials.

I'd be happy to show you the car next time you're passing through Gilroy. Email me at dmanzo57@yahoo.com for my address and directions.

Don

Guest Anonymous

The first oppurtunity I get to scope your ride I'll be there! The thing sounds like your regular Hybridz ass kicking SBC ground pounder! You say that you never get any races, well with the exhaust lope you got I see why! Regardless of the outside appearance that wuh wuh wuh sound scares'em every time! Would you want to race a Miata that idled like it had a sprint car motor in it? That's how the ricers look at your monster. I guess scaring them off has it's bragging rights too! When we were kids and we would go street racing we would see if we could scare someone off with the sound instead of running. If no one wanted to race your car it was a victory without having to lose your license if you got caught! We would turn idles down, back off timing, and even open the exhaust to scare off the chumps. If they wanted to race youafter the fake out we never put money on it!! I guess that if you did that now days the ricers would never want to play!!! malebitchslap.gificon_biggrin.gif