HybridZ

Weak link - front diff support

Z-Gad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final update...

I replaced the strut tower assembly and the wheel sits true again.

What an ordeal... I am determined to keep the independant rear, so it looks like I will be doing the R230 conversion and solid mounting it. The last test-n-tune is Friday night, so I have to have a little fun before parking the car to do the swap.

Mike... I hear you on keeping the IRS, but why don't you try solid mounting the R200? I'm still not sold on the R230 VLSD... I'd almost be willing to bet with the added weight and a few other factors your car might be a little slower :)

Mike... I hear you on keeping the IRS, but why don't you try solid mounting the R200? I'm still not sold on the R230 VLSD... I'd almost be willing to bet with the added weight and a few other factors your car might be a little slower :)

I am considering it Ken. I spoke with my fabricator (Mark at Mazworx) today and that was an option. I just figured that if I was going to solid mount a differential, I only want to do it one time, so it is as good a time as any to install the R230. Besides, I have a quality LOCAL buyer for my 3.36 R200 LSD, Z31 turbo CV's and adapters. :wink: