HybridZ

EbayMotors - Bidder 1, 2..., Seller 1,2...???

Jersey

Does anyone know what's up with these Bidders/Sellers? It recently seems that every other vehicle i look up on EbayMotors, the Bidders name is Bidder 1 or 2,3,4.. and then i look at thier profile and they've bid on auctions from the sellers Seller 1 or 2,3,4... etc. Is this some sort of scam or something? I just seem to be coming across it all the time now. Here's one for example that the high bidder is "Bidder 4"...

CLICKER

Just a note - I am in no way affiliated with the person selling or buying this car, i'm just using it as an example and, the high bidder may change by the time you read this so it may not show. Actually, if you look at the bid history on this Z, you'll see what i mean. Just trying to figure out what the heck is going on?

From Ebay:

As the internet evolves, eBay continues to strike a balance between preserving transparency and protecting our Community of members. eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page.

What I'd like to know is who chooses for it to show the bidders that way?

I have several items for sale right now on egay, and none of mine say that for the bidders ID. I even started one of my auctions off as a "private listing" and it didn't call the bidders "Bidder #1 etc., it just said private, thats all....

Ebay must do this at random, and for semi high dollar items?? I guess....??

"Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page."

If you're not a bidder or a seller, you won't see the names.

A bit of confusion here guys. Jersey was refering to e-bay motors in general so any kind of car/vehicle. E-bay switched all the car/vehicle auctions into so called private listing, which isnt really private because it dosent say thatm and you will be able to see feedback as a normal user after he/she left it. Its just for so privacy purposes that during the listing none of the bidders names will show.