HybridZ

I need help

Im at a very strange point in my z build I first was going to put a 383 stroker in my car then the guy backed out of the deal. Next I looked at a ls1 the guy says its second gen out of a 97 camero, last I looked that should be a lt1. Heres kinda what I am looking to accomplish. I would like around 400hp to the wheels, and still get decent gas milege. I have approx 2000.00 bucks to do this. I already have a build th400 tranny to back it what do you guys suggest. Thanks for all the help. Also as a side note I would love to go boosted sometime in the future.

On THAT budget, I would get a running 350 vortec with computer (maybe $500 but probably more like $800, put a wee of a cam in it - maybe you can find one that will be under the .440-.470 lift limit of the vortec heads (someone has said an aftermarket company makes one, either way there's $250 ). With the rest of the money you might be able to pull it off. This is your best bet in my mind. That's probably not 400hp, but probably close and I think that's as close as you are going to get with $2,000.

You might consider selling the built th400 and trying to buy a matched set from a donor car. that way to can grab all the necessary extras that make it work instead of searching for bits and pieces and having it nickla and dime you to death. OD tranny is the ONLY way you'll find 18+ MPG with any V8 sbc. And Fuel injection will be a must for that milage as well.

In my own opinion, You're not gonna get much for $2000....unless you really hit the jack pot. I would start looking around on Ebay, craigs list, the Nickle ad's for an engine (whcihever set up you end up choosing) thats got a few miles on it. Finding someone to build a turn key engine for 2 grand would be harder than building the engine yourself.

i do to love to barter. the best part about this is that he had training at uti and took the hot rod class he says 450-500 horse na out of a smallblock 350 isnt anything he could build that in his sleep but i really want to get this thing fuel injected. what do you guys think im going to build it na now but eventually want to twin charge it