HybridZ

Twin turbo manifold

rztmartini

Guest 280ZForce

Hey rzmartini...it was nice meeting ya at the D1 event in Irwindale. The setup looks great, I think it'd be fortunes less to keep it LHD and make it work the way it is now, add, elbows, spacers, bearings, joints, etc, whatever you need to do to clear that steering or move it a bit.

I've seen that online for quite awhile and have slowly watched that price drop, glad to see someone snatch it uo finally for a great price.

i should come check it out since you don't live terribly far from me.

Nice piece..My advise is to keep it on the shelf and wait for another RHD car to come up for sale. Couple weeks agao one in FL sold for $600. Time is all that is a hassle converting LHD-RHD once you hace the RHD components. Easiest way I found was to swap firewalls, front subframes, dash, steering colmun and then resale the donor as a LHD car to recoup expenses. I have done this on S13's a handfull of times and always broke even.

i figured that making the linkage for the steering would be the best bet, but ive always wanted a RHD car...getting out of the car right onto the curb is awesome :wink:

280ZForce, yea it was cool to finally meet some more Z guys, too bad the weather was so crappy or i could have seen all the guys cars.

sorry to say it but this project wont be started for at least a year or two because i am moving to Hawaii for college and my dad (whose house it is at) wont have the time/motivation that i have to get it done.

Guest 280ZForce
i figured that making the linkage for the steering would be the best bet, but ive always wanted a RHD car...getting out of the car right onto the curb is awesome :wink:

280ZForce, yea it was cool to finally meet some more Z guys, too bad the weather was so crappy or i could have seen all the guys cars.

sorry to say it but this project wont be started for at least a year or two because i am moving to Hawaii for college and my dad (whose house it is at) wont have the time/motivation that i have to get it done.

you know you could always give it to me and send me money to get stuff done for you...lol.

there was a local guy selling a RHD Fairlady...if you want I can give his # and you can see if he still has it. The car is a project though, needs restoration.

i was looking to replicate the Devil Z wangan monster! lol. well not exactly cause i do not want to deal with tripple carbs.

Watch you Wangan Closer. After the first revelation, the car sprouts ITB's and Additional Injectors. The Triple Carbs were only in the very first portion of the Series. It was converted very quickly (if you watch closely) later on to running EFI with ITB's (TWM Style Weber Compatible Throttle Bodies)

there was a local guy selling a RHD Fairlady... The car is a project though, needs restoration.

Send that information to me...

Also, send that manifold to me, I can put it on one of the Fairlady Z's I have already (and always have room for one more Fairlady!)

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, greenmonster is sourcing the inlet for my HKS Type 2 Surge Tank, and this manifold would make for an interesting "period piece" installation in my 75 Fairlady Z.

Maybe I could paint it blue and get one of those old Trust 125mm S30 Exhaust Systems....

Anybody got some old Speed Shop Sinohara (SSS) decals laying around?????

ohhhhhhh, not necessarily...

I had to wait a while, but I got mine for less than that.

They originally listed on E-Bay for $700! So as you can figure, I had to take the SDS the PO mated them with to get the ITB's (HKS units from the time of Wangan Midnight...) so it was more than 700, but less than 2500. They show up from time to time.

You can also gut the carbs and use them as ITB's, using the crossbar as the mounting source for the TPS on the EFI system...