HybridZ

Watanabe Type RS-8 16x8 0offset needed.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

If you have a set you would like to get rid of let me know.. I am going to be refinishing them so New or used is OK.

If you know where to get a set shoot me a PM. I have checked Ebay and no luck.

Jeff

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h42830626

lowest offset I see in 16x8's for the RS-8s is a +26, and thats just for a pair....for the Japanese Yahoo Auctions. I'll keep an eye out for that size when I look at the JYA's and if I see something, then I'll PM you.

there are some other places that sells them, here in america, but they will rape you.

there are no bids, the guy has the reserve set at 69,939 yen, yen rate right now is about 117ish, but I always figuar it out to be roughly 100 yen to the dollar, so guestamate those at $700ish, they will be shipped seperately, with no tires, and that may run anywhere from $140-$180..depending on weight. If they were 15", then they could be shipped in pairs, and be $160ish. Then if I got my wife to buy them, then add a small fee for her, because she would have to get them to her house in Kyoto, have the tires removed, pay the recyling fee for each tire, then her mother would have to pack them, and then call the post office to pick them up and get them on their way, if sent the cheapest way, by boat, they would take about 1-2 months to arrive. EMS would prolly charge about $300+, but you would get them in a week. There are a few companies set up to do just that service, but they like to rape you for more money if they have to bid on the item....but their shipping is cheaper since they ship with cargo containers.

16X8 is not a hard size to find, 4 lug is also not hard to find...but the zero offset is.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Thanks for the heads up Austin.. I am sure they make the wheel with a 0 offest. I have seen it before. I know they are rare.

I will try and check the auctions as well, thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SSR-RS-8-16x8-38-4x114-3-Wheels-Rims_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQhashZitem110073243386QQihZ001QQitemZ110073243386QQtcZphoto

Wrong offset...but snag some longer studs, and a spacer, and your set.... +38 is only 1.5"...spacers will be your friend, and at that price...it's very do-able.

I'm bidding on the other RS8's there for my subaru....:D

looks like just a pair...but it's a start...

Guest Aguyandaredhead

AirJocky, could you translate the page? Altavista Bablefish will not work on that web page for me.

I would be very interested in the specs and price.

How long until the auction ends?

Thanks

Jeff

the auction ended, the buyer is not one of the buyers that resales them over here...so kiss those wheels goodbye. Anyways... they were 16x8's +13 offset, and 16x9's +13 offset....by far the lowest offset I've seen for RS-8's. They sold for about $1000, and they were prolly worth more. Over here expect to see them around $1700ish in that condition.

I'll keep my eyes open. I'm going over there near the end of March, so if I see something, I'll beg the wife to get them, and when I get over there, I'll just ship them from the inlaws house to you. For a fee of course.... ;)