HybridZ

Hey guys/gals. Getting A Z in the morning!

Guest turborscapri1984

Guest turborscapri1984

First post and just wanted to let everyone know Im moving in :lol: . I will be trailering home a 71' 240z tomorrow that I paid 500 bucks for.

Plans are to install a 5.0 out of a Mustang (Ill be getting that from picknpull on Sunday) and keep the EFI, and Ill be running a turbo! This will be my second Datsun swap, but my first Z. I bought one of Alsils mounts a few months ago (Thanks again Mike!) and like everyone else says, its a quality piece.

Ive been searching and reading for about 6 months now! :eek: and will continue to do so. I also wanted to thank everyone for supplying me with a huge amount of info, and for teaching me lessons from your past mistakes :wink:

Anyway, adios for now. I will post some pictures of the car sometime tomorrow evening

-Mike-

Welcome to hybridz, Mike!! As you surely already know, this is the best dang Z site on the planet. Be sure to post those pics as you make the swap. Good luck!!

Mike

SWEEET! Im doing a 5.0L HO into a 240z swap aswell and I am in your area! If you go to the richmond PnP it is $335 for the complete motor with EFI I believe. When I went to pick EFI I got the whole thing for $380 minus the motor.... They wouldnt charge me for just a motor. Sucked. And I dont even need the EFI now, oh well. See you around!

BTW. My brother has an 83 Bubble Back Capri, crimson cat, with a 90 HO in it. Didn't know anyone else liked those cars! :P

Guest turborscapri1984

I think it depends on what yard you go to. Ive been to some that charge 150 for an engine, but others are more. Either way this weekend is half off everything! So Ill get a T5 to go with my engine :cool:

Im still debating on wether or not I should go twin/single turbo. The j/y engine will only see about 10 PSI, but I have extra Turbos at the house...

-Mike-

Guest turborscapri1984

Lol, I dont know if I can be seen near your Z Ulises. That thing is freakin SEXAY! I wouldnt want to embarass myself with my $500 bucket Z

Seriously though, give me about another month and I should be ready to roll. I think we should get a bunch of us together and have one big Datsun track day :D

-Mike-

Guest turborscapri1984

Yeah you nailed the picknpull situation :wink:

I added a couple pictures of the car into my albums of the car right as it was setting foot on its new home. I will clean it up and take some more pics tomorrow sometime!

-Mike-

welcome,

and happy to hear that another 500Z will be born, well im in the middle of the same swap now except my Z coasts me around 5000 bucks and maybe 3000 for the drivetrain and all the mods :) check my progress photos and tell me what yoh think, propably will be able to fire my car in two days.

welcome again and have fun .....

Guest turborscapri1984

Hi Ali, I have been keeping up with your progress and I like it =)

I have an engine installed in my car now. Next step is to take it out again and check the bottom end and replace some gaskets, seals, and maybe bearings. I couldnt find all the EFI stuff I needed, so maybe a certain resident of Oakland could sell me the set he has...lol

JoseI also need to find a good T5, then I should be good to go. But overall the project is going rather smoothly. Alsils mount is sweet and a very solid fit to my chassis. Makes this a lot easier.

Ill get some engine pictures when i get it in for its final stay.

-Mike-

Guest turborscapri1984

Change of plans. I like the idea of using a 351W for my EFI turbo swap. Just found a good one in a friends garage so Ill be dropping that in this weekend with some luck.

-Mike-

• 2 weeks later...