HybridZ

Solid mustache bar mount ? where can ya get one

gretchen/jason

Ive read a article about solid front diff mounts and flexing mustache bar and saw some pics of someones trashed crossmember .

Do they make solid mustache bar bushings ? Or do i need a whole new bar just a question i wanted to ask so far ive trashed the stock front diff mount even a new one lasted oh 1/2 mile and also a few trans mounts on a Th 350 trans now all solid and holding nicely

Jason

Yes, The whole bar is made of spring steel.

Daves aluminum bars have less flex than the stock bar.

With the power you are putting down you may want to talk to dave about a custom piece.

I used to work with the guy who makes all of dave's parts, he may be able to come up with something a little more robust for your situation if you think it is needed

Mike.

This is where it gets a little iffy for me. The mustache bar is spring steel, and it will flex fore and aft, but will it flex up and down, or twist on a fore/aft axis? As tall as the bar is (at least 2" or more?), I'd say that with solid mounts up front you'd be safe with solid bushings in back. I do not see where there would be any fore/aft forces on the mustache bar, especially with the front mount solidly in place. My whole rear mount is only 1/4" aluminum (but it is serveral inches tall), and it's lasted 15 years.